Past #19: Josh Walker - drafted #23 '11 RD (GFC) - traded to BLFC end '15 - signed by NM as DFA end '19 - 54 NM gms/6 NM gls

Remove this Banner Ad

He had ZERO awareness of players around him. Instead of being a big bloke that can hold space, block, protect. He crashes and spoils his own team mates. I cant handle it, do we have anyone else? Midseason draft we have to grab a KP forward.

An absolute shitmen, and one of my only concerns about our thought processes. His selection makes zero sense. He's a twice failed AFL footballer, and about to become a third time failed AFL footballer.
Interesting, Noble was the one who moved him on from Brisbane. Days a numbered I belie

An absolute shitmen, and one of my only concerns about our thought processes. His selection makes zero sense. He's a twice failed AFL footballer, and about to become a third time failed AFL footballer.
He's probably up forward due to structural reasons. I doubt he's in anyone's long term thinking.

You enter the season wanting a Larkey/Xerri/Comben combination and 2 of them get hurt, what do you do?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

You'd prefer Campbell playing as a swingman? Because that was the alternative. Every other tall is injured or returning from injury.

He didn't have a great night but he still wasn't our worst tall, and going by his body language he was clearly giving a *.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully big X gets in soon so we can move this bloke back to defence. We were going with a McKay, Tarrant, Corr combination so Walker slip into Robbie’s spot.

This would be ideal!!

When Tarrant returns, Walker can still come off the bench to give Tarrant, Xerri, BMac, Larkey a chop out.

You'd prefer Campbell playing as a swingman? Because that was the alternative. Every other tall is injured or returning from injury.

He didn't have a great night but he still wasn't our worst tall, and going by his body language he was clearly giving a fu**.

yes that's good to hear that he cares, I do mean that fwiw. No I'd prefer we play neither. We need to pick a) players that have the capability to play modern footy or b) those that have shown good signs that they can.

yes that's good to hear that he cares, I do mean that fwiw. No I'd prefer we play neither. We need to pick a) players that have the capability to play modern footy or b) those that have shown good signs that they can.

As average/poor as Walker was last night, if neither he nor Campbell was in the team we probably would have been even worse off. Can't wait 'til Xerri is back, but even then I'm guessing we'll still have Walker in the team tbh.

Considering how much Noble likes Goldy as a forward I'm wondering if he'll ever flick the switch and bring Campbell in as first ruck. It would certainly be an interesting experiment and tbh I'm not completely against it.

As average/poor as Walker was last night, if neither he nor Campbell was in the team we probably would have been even worse off. Can't wait 'til Xerri is back, but even then I'm guessing we'll still have Walker in the team tbh.

Considering how much Noble likes Goldy as a forward I'm wondering if he'll ever flick the switch and bring Campbell in as first ruck. It would certainly be an interesting experiment and tbh I'm not completely against it.
Me too - I've been a vociferous opponent of Campbell as a marking target (been there, done that, twice) but we've never tried things around the other way. The point of playing experienced players at the moment should be to give a frame around which the young ones can operate, so discard those that aren't doing that (atley, Tyson) and bring in a solid citizen to the centre square and let Larkey play second banana to Goldy.

I think you're going in a bit hard there. He is a pretty limited player for sure (seems to be very stiff and inflexible) but he does have a go. I think he's better as a defender - possibly on the oppo's third tall forward where he can actually intercept and even run off every now and again. He's shown he can do that. But if we play him forward it's because our cupboard is bare. I'd be calling Larkey a shitman before Walker to be honest (although I still have hopes that Larkey will succeed).

Walker isn't the one picking himself in the forward line.

The other thing is that he was spoiled by his own team as much as he was spoiled by the Suns last night.

😱😱- It's "shitmen".😊 And larks has played 44 games and yeah, I think we're expect too much from him. And yes you're correct it isn't Walkers fault he's getting picked to play forward.
I have learned something tonight. Must remember... "shitmen".

Anyway, we have a few and it would not make sense to call them shitmans.

Plonk him at FF, Larkey at CHF, persist with this, will produce resutls. Can't be worse than Chris Dawes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back