Past #19: Josh Walker - drafted #23 '11 RD (GFC) - traded to BLFC end '15 - signed by NM as DFA end '19 - 54 NM gms/6 NM gls

Remove this Banner Ad

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Tbf if we're highlighting Walker and his concentration lapses. We better include our entire team, all except Goldstein better be included in that conversation.

If Fagan called out Walker in press conferences.
Don't worry. Atley, CT, Garner, TT, LDU, Simpkin, McDonald, Zuurhar, Larkey, Hall and loads others would get honorary weekly mentions over the past couple of years - let alone 8 consecutive weeks

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Arguably his best game for the club IMO.

Completely nullified Darling, who only had 9 disposals & 2 marks while having 6 marks and 10 intercept possessions himself.

Only made that one howler when he punched the footy back into the goal square that resulted in a Ryan Goal. Have no idea what he was thinking there.

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Completely nullified Darling, who only had 9 disposals & 2 marks while having 6 marks and 10 intercept possessions himself.

Only made that one howler when he punched the footy back into the goal square that resulted in a Ryan Goal. Have no idea what he was thinking there.

probably worried about giving away a goal for deliberate. still pretty silly of him

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm ready to be enlightened if he has played a better game in his career. Jack Darling doesn't get shutdown at Optus but Josh made him a non-entity.

I think he was trying to get it to BenMc, who I think slipped over. But an excellent game and was superb in holding out West Coast in the last quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he was trying to get it to BenMc, who I think slipped over. But an excellent game and was superb in holding out West Coast in the last quarter.

I just re-watched the last quarter and it was actually Taz who he appeared to be trying to get it to. Taz was bumped and fell over.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Outstanding game. Hope we can keep him on. I'm guilty of this too, but I wish we didn't temper praise after really good individual games with "except for that howler".

Every player makes errors in games but people will tend to pick them up more or less in relation to whether the player is a personal favourite.

HAHAHAH poor Josh
IMG_6566.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
Said this elsewhere but he has been a very good lockdown defender this year, giving away less goals than McKay and Taz.

I would give him the best forward each week and try to use McKay more aggressively like Andrews at Brisbane.

I would also like to then try McKay up next to Larkey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back