Past #19: Josh Walker - drafted #23 '11 RD (GFC) - traded to BLFC end '15 - signed by NM as DFA end '19 - 54 NM gms/6 NM gls

Remove this Banner Ad

Earnt himself another contract today I reckon. Was very solid, particularly in the air.

I think his list status at the end of the year may give a bit of an indication as to our draft/FA activity.

I think he deserves a 1 year deal, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was cut either if we are looking at the draft or a few other KPP options.

Yes where is it gets interesting is you must delist players and we're running out of obvious options beyond 3/4 at seasons end. I'm not talking rookie list of course. And if we trade say Polec/Dumont we'll get pick or player back so will still leave the same issue.

We've got some tough decisions coming up and Corr is clearly our preferred option
If they go I doubt we get much in return, Dumont's FA will hopefully be cancelled out, and any pick for Polec will probably get bundled up with others or not get used at all.
I wonder how many list managers were banking on list sizes going back up sooner rather than later?

If they go I doubt we get much in return, Dumont's FA will hopefully be cancelled out, and any pick for Polec will probably get bundled up with others or not get used at all.
I wonder how many list managers were banking on list sizes going back up sooner rather than later?

yes that could be the key as i've only got Garner, Tyson, Menadue and possibly Campbell. we will definitely use at least three picks.

Thoughts on Ats TAO?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Better than Mahony and should be moved forward, no room down back with Perez, Bonar, Corr and Hayden looking for a spot.

I misread your comment, I thought you said Atu lol.

Oh Ats is very popular so will be interesting, he's an FA so if he got offers I think we'd let him go.

Last edited:
Not sure he’s done enough for another year.
Yeh he’s depth but he’s consistently out of his depth with silly mistakes. Touch and go on him but if he’s playing games towards the end of next year we’re in trouble.

He’s a better backman than forward; but, I think he’s our best 2nd KPF option.

if Corr, McKay and Tarrant are all available next year then he should play forward minutes.

He’s a better backman than forward; but, I think he’s our best 2nd KPF option.

if Corr, McKay and Tarrant are all available next year then he should play forward minutes.
McKay, Taz, Bonar and Ziebell is enough height down back. He plays forward this week IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure he’s done enough for another year.
Yeh he’s depth but he’s consistently out of his depth with silly mistakes. Touch and go on him but if he’s playing games towards the end of next year we’re in trouble.

He’s adequate depth player in a decent team, and an ever present in a poor team. I don’t think it’s the end of the world if he’s playing games next year but defininately we should be looking to upgrade.

Is generally good but the howlers stand out like dog's balls.

Is hardly alone though. All of Ziebell, Hall, Walker and even McKay are good for a boneheaded decision / abysmal execution every couple of games.

Something which needs to be ironed out of the backline.

Last edited:
I’d probably just keep him for one more year for depth.

Over the pre season he should be working on his kicking and quicker decision making off the mark.

generally he has had some good moments and I like when he puts his body on the line.

He's terrible would not get a game in a side pushing for the eight as he found out at both Geelong & Brisbane.

probably won’t get a game with us if we have a fit list.

handy back-up though since he knows our system and isn’t a prick.

Hood for a one year extension for mine but will hopefully not play many but we do love our injuries

One game where Josh doesn’t over-deliver on his pretty low bar and this place seems to have lost the plot. Josh has never been anything other than a stop-gap measure to tide us over. He has more than met expectations no matter which way we look at it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back