Past #19: Josh Walker - drafted #23 '11 RD (GFC) - traded to BLFC end '15 - signed by NM as DFA end '19 - 54 NM gms/6 NM gls

Remove this Banner Ad

Best of luck to Josh. However, I hope he doesn’t get a look in. Otherwise, it would mean that our young defenders are a bust and/or Majak doesn’t make it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not necessarily the young boys are a bust just not as ready now and need more development instead of guaranteed games

I have a good feeling about this. Bloke looks in ripping nick. I think we could end up with a very competitive backline in 2020 and beyond.

He is, isn't he? Haven't had a second option for gorillas in a long time - it was one thing having Thommo picking off intercepts, imagine being able to free up Tarrant if need be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s the bridge between the 2 older guys taz and daw and the 2 younger guys Durdin and mckay

Reckon this bloke will have a decent career for us 4-5 years

The reality is, though, Sammy should be ready right now to take over from Thommo. He’s been around for a fair bit of time. I think he has what it takes but he needs to prove it. He has a real opportunity to step up, now that Thompson has departed.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I get what you mean. It still looks bad on McKay and Durdin if they can't get ahead of the guy who could be supposed to be their backup.

If I was a gambling man I'd have McKay odds on not to make it, only my view of course. Durdin we tried to offload a year or so back. Durds at least has shown something but he needs to work on his intensity, no one doubts his ability.

If Walker at 27 is in front of those two, I wouldn't be concerned in the slightest.

Tarrant, Daw, Walker and Durdin, they aint all playing, Walker as it stands now ( Dec 6!!) will play rd one IF Maj doesn't come up. He is of course expected to be ready rd1. It won't be his fitness but Maj's confidence that will decide that.

I hope Walker is good enough to play weekly, as the two you mention have been around awhile now and we haven't been much chop during that period. New blood could assist us in moving up the ladder- God forbid.

If I was a gambling man I'd have McKay odds on not to make it, only my view of course. Durdin we tried to offload a year or so back. Durds at least has shown something but he needs to work on his intensity, no one doubts his ability.

If Walker at 27 is in front of those two, I wouldn't be concerned in the slightest.

Tarrant, Daw, Walker and Durdin, they aint all playing, Walker as it stands now ( Dec 6!!) will play rd one IF Maj doesn't come up. He is of course expected to be ready rd1. It won't be his fitness but Maj's confidence that will decide that.

I hope Walker is good enough to play weekly, as the two you mention have been around awhile now and we haven't been much chop during that period. New blood could assist us in moving up the ladder- God forbid.
You would expect taz and Walker/Durdin to play on the FF and CHF, Maj the third tall that rotates in the ruck

From what I saw in his time at Brisbane, he was reliable. And if Scooter was anything, he was reliable, and Walker will be a good replacement for him.

We can't lose on this one, he either does well and serves for the next 4-5 years or he has a year or two to do as well he can and by then we expect Durdin/McKay to be ready without excuse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back