Past #19: Josh Walker - drafted #23 '11 RD (GFC) - traded to BLFC end '15 - signed by NM as DFA end '19 - 54 NM gms/6 NM gls

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Really looking forward to seeing this bloke play! Club has been super impressed with his contested marking all throughout pre-season and post covid lock down.

Has shed a couple of kg's since he left Brisbane and is covering the ground better than any other time in his career.
I see him getting coffee every now and then. He looks nothing like the player from Geelong or Brisbane. He looks super lean and athletic

Really looking forward to seeing this bloke play! Club has been super impressed with his contested marking all throughout pre-season and post covid lock down.

Has shed a couple of kg's since he left Brisbane and is covering the ground better than any other time in his career.

Have a good feeling about him. Good value for us I reckon.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I really like what Josh Walker has brought to the team, he already has enormous respect from me by putting himself on the line like that in Round 1, but also to step into the void left by Scotty Thompson's retirement and take the opportunity with both hands, moulding himself and adapting to a new team in relatively no time at all to carry on the role that Scooter did so well, with very little feeling of loss.

He is the perfect replacement, the timing could not have been any better.

I really like what Josh Walker has brought to the team, he already has enormous respect from me by putting himself on the line like that in Round 1, but also to step into the void left by Scotty Thompson's retirement and take the opportunity with both hands, moulding himself and adapting to a new team in relatively no time at all to carry on the role that Scooter did so well, with very little feeling of loss.

He is the perfect replacement, the timing could not have been any better.

It’s his mobility that has impressed me the most. I thought he was going to be a very robotic type of player. Not a bit of it. In patches on Sunday, he actually reminded me a bit of Scotty. He’s not quite as elusive but, on the plus side, he’s not prone to brain fades like Thommo. As it turns out, our defence looks every bit as strong. If Majak can get back to his second half of 2018 form, we will be able to switch things around to handle every opposition- hopefully.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
I genuinely like the hell out of this bloke. If he wants it he'll get the chance to retire with us as opposed to us retiring him.

What a game. Locked in for 2020. Saved us from an absolute smacking.

I just wonder if he’s sitting next to Robbie right now and theyre both just nodding at each other, like this is the guts it takes to defend for North.

Kangaroo Cat

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think i remember reading that was only playing the defender role for about a year before coming to north?

Really glad josh is firing for you, and hope he gets many years as definite top 22.

The only thing that seemed clear about his delisting was that he plays the same style of intercept marking as Harris Andrews and we didn’t need the duplication.

Fagan has a lot of runs in the board so gotta figure there were other factors around something josh didn’t do, but nothing else stands out.

Back