Delisted #19: Kobe Mutch - Not offered a contract for 2021

Jackson Macrae is the player he reminds me of most.

The way he kicks around corners is very similar. If Mutch can turn into Macrae we're winning

Kakkle

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
I have no idea where the Gaff comparisons are coming from. I'd say Cameron Ling.

Laverde2Smack

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Brent Stanton forged a worthwhile career from being a slow outside player. Finished top 10 in 90% of his years at the club.

Have no hesitation in suggesting Mutch will be a very handy AFL player. Anything more is a bonus
Mutch is also capable of winning contested ball on the inside. Not sure about the Stanton comparison.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Bomberbuzz1

All Australian
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I have no idea where the Gaff comparisons are coming from. I'd say Cameron Ling.
This is a massive discrepancy, he played outside this yr but seems like a future inside player. I see similarities with Simon black.

I see him as a cross between Judd/franklin/Ablett/Martin.

....just hoping the kid reads this post.
Leaving aside the comparison to Mutch... why three mids and a 200cm forward?

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
I like the Macrae comparison without getting carried away assuming that Mutch would become as good a player as Macrae.

He has the same rangy build, has really good endurance without being an amazing runner, plays outside and inside without being a contested ball winning animal. He influences a game in a very similar way.

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
I am very excited about this bloke. Great young kid. Finds the ball with ease. With. Ease. Will be brilliant for this club.
Yeah, i was just flicking through and seen his name. People say we haven't addressed our mid concerns this off season (may not be true), I think Mutch probably gets added to the senior mix and could very well begin to alleviate some of those concerns.

EckersDevs

Senior List
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
If he gets a full-time run in the guts (not on a wing) next year, look out for the next Rory Sloane.

He's defensively minded with great courage to fly for the ball in the air and loves a tackle - if he can show the consistent contested ball winning capabilities out of the centre next year in the VFL, we won't need to add the 4th 'S' this time next year.

EckersDevs

Senior List
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Expecting to debut at some stage next year, similar to begley and to be a full-time AFL mid in 2019. Hopefully has a big pre-season!! #expectations

Back