Delisted #19: Kobe Mutch - Not offered a contract for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Wont play an AFL game this year but he absolutely should have. Been superb this year in the VFL.
Makes you wonder who has kept him out of the seniors?

Colyer the obvious one but he should have been ommitted at times this year

Was impressed by his hardness v. Box Hill.

They were cracking in very hard, particularly in first quarter, and he was totally up for it. Has no issues putting head over ball or body on the line.
He doesn't take a backward step. Its one of the things i really liked about him as a junior.
Doesn't have the dominant build on him (a la SPP/Hopper) to throw his weight around, but much (pun intentionally avoided) like Parish he goes when its his turn to go.

Lovely balance on both sides of his body too.
The mid i'm most excited to see take the step up.

I would say Myers. Which is ok because Mutch probably needs another good pre-season and some tastes of AFL in 2018 before becoming a full time onballer.

Possibly play him like Heppell off a HBF, though that will be hard with McKenna, McGrath and Gleeson in the side.

Mutch eventually picks up Myers role.
Laverde/Langford rotate through Jobe/Green's spots.
Redman would be the one for Colyer in my opinion. I reckon he'd be a good two way running winger.

Chasing finals is what has kept him out of the side. There have been numerous points that with a little rejig we could have fit him into a team and given him 3 to 5 deserved games.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There have been a few roles they wanted him to fine tune that he has not quite fixed up. Defensive positioning being one and picking the game plan options rather than just making it up on the go.
Has had a very good year. Finally we draft a midfielder who actually knows how to find the ball with a later pick :thumbsu:

There have been a few roles they wanted him to fine tune that he has not quite fixed up. Defensive positioning being one and picking the game plan options rather than just making it up on the go.
Has had a very good year. Finally we draft a midfielder who actually knows how to find the ball with a later pick :thumbsu:

The one time I went to training this year they were doing practice match type stuff and it really surprised me how often senior teammates were finding him. He just kept demanding the ball by working to the right spaces - looked very natural.

That said I thought the same about J Merrett after watching him in a pre season game so I'm keeping a lid on it!

Did Colyer do anything in the VFL game?

If not, don't want him picked. Would be happy for Mutch to get a run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back