Delisted #19: Kobe Mutch - Not offered a contract for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo Pioneers coach " An outstanding leader and person who works really hard at all facets of the game, a huge accumulator of the ball, a great kick on both sides of his body so he has an ability to bring others into the game. What Kobe needs to do is elevate one of his attributes to the elite status so he has some x-factor about him. Does everything pretty well bit it would be a big bonus for him if he could add another dimension to enhance his impact on games. in saying that hes an outstanding talent who i expect to play 200 games of AFL football."

Strenghts: Ball Winning, Work Rate, Leadership
Needs To Improve: Refining Talent, Agility

I'm looking forward to his mutch anticipated debut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only worry is that his accumulation of the ball won't be good enough at the next level. Doesnt have much pace, agility or impact with his kicking so if he doesnt get find a lot of it, he'll struggle to make his mark

Only worry is that his accumulation of the ball won't be good enough at the next level. Doesnt have much pace, agility or impact with his kicking so if he doesnt get find a lot of it, he'll struggle to make his mark
Dodo doesn't share your worries, scanlon.

Adrian Dodoro says:
We wanted to walk out with a couple of natural midfielders who finds the footy and he does find the footy. He finds the ball 28 times a week, uses it well and he laps up the work. We wanted to start building our midfield.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2016-11-26/signs-of-a-champion

Dodo doesn't share your worries, scanlon.

Adrian Dodoro says:
We wanted to walk out with a couple of natural midfielders who finds the footy and he does find the footy. He finds the ball 28 times a week, uses it well and he laps up the work. We wanted to start building our midfield.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2016-11-26/signs-of-a-champion
Finds the footy at the moment... not at AFL level. Not saying he won't be able to transition, just saying he could struggle

Can't believe he is 187cm looked like a midget in the Allies midfield. Has he had a 6-7cm growth spurt this year?

Not sure what you were watching. Always looked a good size.

Vanilla type midfielder but no problem with that. I think his agility is undersold, yeh hes not going to run the zig zag test well because hes not an explosive off the mark midfielder but he moves well in games and changes direction well due to being very comfortable on both feet. Hes a good size, has inside and outside game can go all day. Amasses the footy and this usually transitions to higher levels, not many big accumulators at junior footy cant accumulate at the next level. Only downside to his game is probably explosive speed but you wouldnt say Fyfe or Bontempelli have that and they go alright.

For me he replicates Daniel Cross

Must have been an optical illusion combination of a bit of a hunch back, the light frame and being surrounded by Setterfield, Bowes, Allison.

Finds the footy at the moment... not at AFL level. Not saying he won't be able to transition, just saying he could struggle

You could say that about anyone really.80% of the players in the draft may have trouble bridging the gap. The risk is he may be a bit plain but I like players who have the ability to find the ball and use both sides. It gives them an advantage in the most important area of the game. He has been finding the ball against a group of midfielders that is most likely the strongest ever to go through a draft as a bunch.
Not saying he will be a star but he has the tools to be your good B grade player who you can rely on the be consistent week in and week out.

Pigs always find the ball. He's a big kid, he's good good people around him, he'll learn.

Vanilla type midfielder but no problem with that. I think his agility is undersold, yeh hes not going to run the zig zag test well because hes not an explosive off the mark midfielder but he moves well in games and changes direction well due to being very comfortable on both feet. Hes a good size, has inside and outside game can go all day. Amasses the footy and this usually transitions to higher levels, not many big accumulators at junior footy cant accumulate at the next level. Only downside to his game is probably explosive speed but you wouldnt say Fyfe or Bontempelli have that and they go alright.

For me he replicates Daniel Cross
Better kick than Cross though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back