Player Watch #19 Matthew Ling - no relation to Cameron

Skhilton14

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I reckon he’s in their plans for next year-he and Stoddard. Might be seeing a lot more of them as Mills + Jones may move into the midfield. Spots open up further if Lloyd and Macca go.

caesar88

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
He’s one of many whose spot is there for the taking. Just thinking if Reg and McVeigh retire, Lloyd gone, Smith and Jack will be getting on, Reid and Rohan will probably be injured.. there’ll be holes in our 22 everywhere. Can’t wait to see what the kids can do in the JLT + NEAFL next year to earn senior footy

Number37

Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
He’s one of many whose spot is there for the taking. Just thinking if Reg and McVeigh retire, Lloyd gone, Smith and Jack will be getting on, Reid and Rohan will probably be injured.. there’ll be holes in our 22 everywhere. Can’t wait to see what the kids can do in the JLT + NEAFL next year to earn senior footy
We're still in with a chance this year, I can't wait to see how we go this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheMase

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2001
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
View attachment 609248

Has Lingy put on any size since this pic of him was taken?
It's his profile page on your website. Looks a little small for an AFL player.
It was noted in an article on Ling in early January that he spent 2018 when injured bulking up. So I would have to assume he has added weight to his frame over that time.

caesar88

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Genuine question but does anyone know if there's any correlation between a player such as Ling bulking up and losing their speed and agility? Or none at all?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nool Carpenna

Team Captain
Jul 9, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Tough road ahead given all the fresh new toys brought in this year. Upper body looks like he has got something good to show for season 18.
I’d just about given up on him and then I saw him writing with his left hand.... other leftys will know what that means ;)

puke

Club Legend
Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Has he had a recurrence or is the listing a carry forward of his post op recovery? Last I heard in January he was training again

TheMase

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2001
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Has he had a recurrence or is the listing a carry forward of his post op recovery? Last I heard in January he was training again
Still carried forward I believe.

They’ll take him through a full preseason (his first) I would have thought before he rejoins main group training.

Top Bottom