Past Matthew Ling - delisted 2021

NMOwjlIA.jpg

Matthew Ling

Matt Ling is lightning-quick and has a pinpoint left-foot kick. The problem is a torrid injury run prevented him from hitting his best over his first two seasons at the Sydney Swans. Serious toe and Achilles injuries limited the club’s top 2017 AFL Draft selection to just 16 NEAFL games across the 2018 and 2019 seasons. Season 2020 is his time to shine.

Matthew Ling
DOB: 21 April 1999
DRAFT: 2017
RECRUITED FROM: St Mary's (Vic)/Geelong U18

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I'd like to be able to read your acronyms :(

Jewelsbon, I gave up long ago trying to read his acronyms. I figure that someone standing in a social circle speaking unintelligible gibberish that no one can remotely understand isn't really trying to communicate with others at all but trying to make a statement about themselves which I also ignore. Makes life simple that way

Dan87 well done on having Ling and McCartin in your drafts picks last Sunday
"If Murphy's (#39) there we've been rumored to have verbally told him that we'll take him
If Stephenson ( #6) slides I expect it will take us <5s to call out his name
After that I think there's a group including Brander (#13), Richards (#16), and Bonar (#11) that would interest us.
I think some of the better SA kids are gone with our second so we won't get a look at Houlahan or Ballard. Might be where pick up someone like Tom McCartin but I think he's probably gone too. Maybe Hayes is there. Maybe Ling is there. Maybe Jackson Ross (#71) goes here
We have a few guys we like that are ranked between our two picks from my eye"
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...ont-in-part-ii.1158297/page-353#post-53465504

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Jewelsbon, I gave up long ago trying to read his acronyms. I figure that someone standing in a social circle speaking unintelligible gibberish that no one can remotely understand isn't really trying to communicate with others at all but trying to make a statement about themselves which I also ignore. Makes life simple that way
great STUFF

Dan87

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Dan87 well done on having Ling and McCartin in your drafts picks last Sunday
"If Murphy's (#39) there we've been rumored to have verbally told him that we'll take him
If Stephenson ( #6) slides I expect it will take us <5s to call out his name
After that I think there's a group including Brander (#13), Richards (#16), and Bonar (#11) that would interest us.
I think some of the better SA kids are gone with our second so we won't get a look at Houlahan or Ballard. Might be where pick up someone like Tom McCartin but I think he's probably gone too. Maybe Hayes is there. Maybe Ling is there. Maybe Jackson Ross (#71) goes here
We have a few guys we like that are ranked between our two picks from my eye"
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...ont-in-part-ii.1158297/page-353#post-53465504

The trick is to mention everyone! Haha

Thanks for this

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Hmm. Ling. Must be the first Chinaman to pull on a Swans Guernsey?

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Exactly what the doctor ordered. Have a feeling it’s what Beatson tried to order last year but Florent was the only one close to having those attributes. I rekn ling will be a lock for round 1 and push florent out and make him work harder for his spot. Good problem to have and nice to know we’re going to have a few speedsters in the weaponary
I can't see any of the three draftees playing next year. They all need to bulk up first

big_bazza

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2005
Tas
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
sydney swans
I must say at the time i was hoping to get Higgins for our first pick but after reading a bit about him and watching a few highlight videos im bloody happy with this kid. between him and Stoddard he can hopefully free up Jones/Mills to play spend some more time in the midfield as some of you guys have already said. Although having said that i do think Mills is a real asset for us down back despite being drafted as a mid but the way he reads the ball i think hes probably best suited to staying down back for the time being, so it might mean we see Jones as a pure mid moving forward.

zyzzbruh

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2017
Mnt Olympus
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manchester United
Florent wasn’t even in our last game, nor does he have a locked in spot in our 22. If Ling is going to play round one, he’ll be kicking out Cunningham, Towers, Jones, Lloyd, Newman, McVeigh or Jack. So who goes?
Mentioned florent a he is the outside type player that will be competing with ling for their spot. Cunningham is done, the club is admitting we need more run. Not going to play Cunningham when ling and florent are waiting unless injuries hit

Mentioned florent a he is the outside type player that will be competing with ling for their spot. Cunningham is done, the club is admitting we need more run. Not going to play Cunningham when ling and florent are waiting unless injuries hit

Fair call but Florent is ahead of Ling until we see what Ling can do. I suspect Ling will have the exact same hurdle Florent had in his first year, which is that he's still too raw and not quite ready for senior footy yet. Either way he looks the goods

Back