Past Matthew Ling - delisted 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

NMOwjlIA.jpg

Matthew Ling

Matt Ling is lightning-quick and has a pinpoint left-foot kick. The problem is a torrid injury run prevented him from hitting his best over his first two seasons at the Sydney Swans. Serious toe and Achilles injuries limited the club’s top 2017 AFL Draft selection to just 16 NEAFL games across the 2018 and 2019 seasons. Season 2020 is his time to shine.

Matthew Ling
DOB: 21 April 1999
DRAFT: 2017
RECRUITED FROM: St Mary's (Vic)/Geelong U18

If that's a correct assumption, playing for the team you supported might negate that.

Ling was a Geelong fan, the photo of him posted earlier in this thread, there's a Cats beanie in the foreground. Not sure about the Sydney guernsey hanging on the wall or the reason behind it. The other guernsey is St Joeys college from winning the final of the HeraldSun shield.

Apparently, a non-Victorian club never even considered drafting Ling because they deemed him a big flight risk. I hope they are wrong.
Ling won't be a flight risk, his parents are stoked he was selected by Sydney. Of all the teams in the league including Geelong, we couldn't have picked a better team for him to be a part of.
They believe he will fit perfectly into the team, as he's very much a team player.
Personally I think you got yourselves a good one :thumbsu:

Apparently, there is no relation.

I heard that there is a close relationship.

Apparently because Ling is a ranga everyone gets all coy and the denials kick in.

I mean fair enough. Red heads. Pffft.

I heard that there is a close relationship.

Apparently because Ling is a ranga everyone gets all coy and the denials kick in.

I mean fair enough. Red heads. Pffft.

I haven't heard much on Ling this preseason. In fact, I have heard practically nothing. I saw nothing of him in the JLT. Is there an injury or health concern?

I haven't heard much on Ling this preseason. In fact, I have heard practically nothing. I saw nothing of him in the JLT. Is there an injury or health concern?

Got injured before the JLT series. You would assume they are just taking it easy. No need to rush.

Fantastic news! Been so excited to see what Ling could produce afer watching stoddart and Mccartin impress. No AFLX or JLT games, but great wraps already from our head honcho usually reserved in praise:

“From the moment Matt joined the Swans, he settled in so well and showed to everyone that he’s got a bright future ahead,” Harley said.

“We think Matt will be a great player for us – he’s quick, agile and skilful on his trusty left-foot.

Maybe reading into it too much but 'good, very good' ok more common... but great! :eek::D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt Ling who is out for the season and due to have toe surgery. :( :( :(

Harley probably explained his less impressive NEAFL form suggesting that he hasn’t been able to recover from the injury since preseason and they’ve pulled the plug.
Harley seems very confident of his long term prospects so I look forward to seeing him injury free next season.

He had turf toe from beginning of season which hampered him until they decided season was over and have an operation to fix it. In pre season before it became bad Hanners described him as a standout- motivated an early extension of contract. He will come good in 2019- may even start if he puts a similar pre season together.

What’s people’s thoughts on this kid

I know it’s only his first year but gonna be any good?

I don't know how anyone can have thoughts about him considering he has missed most of the season with an injury that was hampering him even when he was able to play earlier. Hopefully he can have an uninterrupted preseason and we can get a better look at him next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back