Past Matthew Ling - delisted 2021

NMOwjlIA.jpg

Matthew Ling

Matt Ling is lightning-quick and has a pinpoint left-foot kick. The problem is a torrid injury run prevented him from hitting his best over his first two seasons at the Sydney Swans. Serious toe and Achilles injuries limited the club’s top 2017 AFL Draft selection to just 16 NEAFL games across the 2018 and 2019 seasons. Season 2020 is his time to shine.

Matthew Ling
DOB: 21 April 1999
DRAFT: 2017
RECRUITED FROM: St Mary's (Vic)/Geelong U18

Skhilton14

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I reckon he’s in their plans for next year-he and Stoddard. Might be seeing a lot more of them as Mills + Jones may move into the midfield. Spots open up further if Lloyd and Macca go.

He’s one of many whose spot is there for the taking. Just thinking if Reg and McVeigh retire, Lloyd gone, Smith and Jack will be getting on, Reid and Rohan will probably be injured.. there’ll be holes in our 22 everywhere. Can’t wait to see what the kids can do in the JLT + NEAFL next year to earn senior footy

He’s one of many whose spot is there for the taking. Just thinking if Reg and McVeigh retire, Lloyd gone, Smith and Jack will be getting on, Reid and Rohan will probably be injured.. there’ll be holes in our 22 everywhere. Can’t wait to see what the kids can do in the JLT + NEAFL next year to earn senior footy

We're still in with a chance this year, I can't wait to see how we go this weekend.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
View attachment 609248

Has Lingy put on any size since this pic of him was taken?
It's his profile page on your website. Looks a little small for an AFL player.

It was noted in an article on Ling in early January that he spent 2018 when injured bulking up. So I would have to assume he has added weight to his frame over that time.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Jul 9, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Tough road ahead given all the fresh new toys brought in this year. Upper body looks like he has got something good to show for season 18.
I’d just about given up on him and then I saw him writing with his left hand.... other leftys will know what that means ;)

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Has he had a recurrence or is the listing a carry forward of his post op recovery? Last I heard in January he was training again

Still carried forward I believe.

They’ll take him through a full preseason (his first) I would have thought before he rejoins main group training.

Back