Player Watch #19 - Mitch Hannan - traded to the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit of Luke Breust about him. Difficult to match up on and just seems to bob up for little snap goals every week, especially when we're winning. Like.

Hopefully he's not as soft!

He's hit form at the right time for us. Looking forward to seeing what he brings the rest of the season.

Hopefully its a sign of him adjusting to the pace of AFL and not dumb luck being in the right places at the right times.

Hopefully its a sign of him adjusting to the pace of AFL and not dumb luck being in the right places at the right times.
I don't really mind which one it is, to be honest. I don't see the makings of a great player there, but then he's shown more then plenty of guys who came good in their mid 20's. Perhaps he can be a Howe-like forward option in future. I still prefer vandenBerg as a marking target, but we've had terrible luck with injuries in an already pretty average forward line and Hannan has stepped in when needed. Thumbs up from me.

Hannan is a classic role player in a good side. He's never going to lift us over the line with a match-winning performance (although that's not to say he's a downhill skiier, as evidenced by his game against North) but I can easily see him slotting a regular 2-3 valuable goals at the right time in a tight game. Fantastic pick-up.

Hannan is a classic role player in a good side. He's never going to lift us over the line with a match-winning performance (although that's not to say he's a downhill skiier, as evidenced by his game against North) but I can easily see him slotting a regular 2-3 valuable goals at the right time in a tight game. Fantastic pick-up.

Could be our very own Shannon Byrnes.

And he is definitely not soft, attacks the contest hard. That's one thing we have a lot of now, players who go 100% at contests with a mild disregard for their own welfare!

Happy to eat humble pie and see he has gotten well involved in the last few games.

Harmes and Hannan each at a HFF might not be a bad setup to persist with.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do when we've got an actual forward set up.

xA-Third-of-Leads-Are-Not-Getting-Called-Back-skeleton-waiting-image-600x380.jpg.pagespeed.ic.pdeQP_iExB.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time for a thread title change?

19 Mitch Hannan - now first ranked of the Mitches
I dunno Pons. I gave it a try but it seems weird somehow.

Maybe "the complete Mitch" or "everyone's Mitch" instead? I don't think they're quite right either. I'm getting a headache now.

Maybe "the complete Mitch" or "everyone's Mitch" instead? I don't think they're quite right either. I'm getting a headache now.

"It's a celebration, Mitches!"

rick-james-gimme.gif

But seriously this kid showed it game 1 and the people who doubted him should be enjoying some nice humble pie.
Has natural forward smarts, he's not a midfielder playing forward he's a bloke who does damage close to goals.

I don't know who to compare him too.. maybe Ricky Petterd at the start of 2010 when he was taking marks and kicking goals before he did his shoulder.

Dean Kent is my man but I'd pick Hannan over him from now on.

Now ranked first on the "Mitch List"

"We got 99 problems but a Mitch ain't one"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back