AFL Player #19: Nick Hind

Remove this Banner Ad

Sides have been pretty hot on almost tagging him at stages so he can not run the footy.
He is missing another link up player. When Redman/McGrath were breaking lines too he got off the leash much more.

Also, with Heppell giving zero pressure and no accountability it makes life hard.

We need someone else crumbing and breaking lines if McGrath used elsewhere and Redman out of form. I have no idea who.

He is missing another link up player. When Redman/McGrath were breaking lines too he got off the leash much more.

Also, with Heppell giving zero pressure and no accountability it makes life hard.

We need someone else crumbing and breaking lines if McGrath used elsewhere and Redman out of form. I have no idea who.
That Irish bloke would have been handy.

Yep, horribley out of form and seems cocky about it. Was the lamest attempt to sell candy ive seen around Walters. We were still in the game at that stage too. Also saw him trying to have words with Guelfi on the bench. Shut your mouth and worry about your own form, which is trash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since he's being shut down anyway, and give the options remaining to us in the forward line at the moment, is there anyone who is ready to come into defence (Lord? McDonagh?) that would allow Hind to chop out in the forward line, and release Guelfi/Durham/Martin/whoever to support the transition around the ball until Merrett, Snelling and Langford are back?

... Francis to intercept? Ridley to Hind's spot (rebounding by foot rather than foot speed)?

Since he's being shut down anyway, and give the options remaining to us in the forward line at the moment, is there anyone who is ready to come into defence (Lord? McDonagh?) that would allow Hind to chop out in the forward line, and release Guelfi/Durham/Martin/whoever to support the transition around the ball until Merrett, Snelling and Langford are back?

... Francis to intercept? Ridley to Hind's spot (rebounding by foot rather than foot speed)?
Yep, something like this needs to happen. Id send McGrath back

Yep, something like this needs to happen. Id send McGrath back
Heppell up on the ball to help stem the initial flow
Which then means Francis in for me.
I'd go Redman to HFF (pressure, size, pace and he can kick a decent length), McGrath sliding back as a HBF/mid (Caleb Daniel style) & Hind joins Redman forward. Key role of both is put pressure on the ball coming out of our forward line

Something like;
Ridley BZT Kelly
McGrath Laverde Francis
Martin Heppell Durham
Hind Cox Redman
Guelfi Wright ??
Draper Parish Hobbs/Shiel/Caldwell etc

Heppell can sweep defensively once the ball is forward.
redman, durham, hind, guelfi should bring enough pressure on the ball coming out of defence. All can run, all can tackle.

You then have BZT and Laverde playing the key forwards, Francis as another tall to spoil/intercept plus Ridley to join him as a ball user out of defence.

Heppell up on the ball to help stem the initial flow
Which then means Francis in for me.
I'd go Redman to HFF (pressure, size, pace and he can kick a decent length), McGrath sliding back as a HBF/mid (Caleb Daniel style) & Hind joins Redman forward. Key role of both is put pressure on the ball coming out of our forward line

Something like;
Ridley BZT Kelly
McGrath Laverde Francis
Martin Heppell Durham
Hind Cox Redman
Guelfi Wright ??
Draper Parish Hobbs/Shiel/Caldwell etc

Heppell can sweep defensively once the ball is forward.
redman, durham, hind, guelfi should bring enough pressure on the ball coming out of defence. All can run, all can tackle.

You then have BZT and Laverde playing the key forwards, Francis as another tall to spoil/intercept plus Ridley to join him as a ball user out of defence.
Almost makes too much sense with what we have available at the moment, which means it likely won't happen. In your team above I'd have Baldwin in the other fwd pocket.

I feel Truck is reluctant to throw the magnets around at the moment because winning games would be nice, however developing players in the positions he sees them playing long-term is more important in his eyes. No point scraping a few wins together with players playing out of position as it doesn't do much for their development long-term or for cohesion on each playing line.

Personally I'd like to see us trying to win as many games as possible to build a winning (or at least competing) culture.

Dropped. We'll now find out what sort of player Hind is. If he can fight his way back into the team and learn to deal with extra attention from the opposition then good on him. I think he needs this

Hind can play forward I’m surprised the coaching staff haven’t made the switch while he’s being tagged.

Rotate McGrath between the backline and wing if hinds being tagged.

Hind can play forward I’m surprised the coaching staff haven’t made the switch while he’s being tagged.

Rotate McGrath between the backline and wing if hinds being tagged.
Actually he was not really a good forward which is why the Saints dropped him and then did not fight for him when he left.

Actually he was not really a good forward which is why the Saints dropped him and then did not fight for him when he left.

He’s decent enough that if he’s being tagged we can switch it up. The coach needs to change tactics.

Hind was apart of our prelim vfl team right?

He’s decent enough that if he’s being tagged we can switch it up. The coach needs to change tactics.

Hind was apart of our prelim vfl team right?
He kicked 17 in 21 games.

10 of those 21 games up front he didn't score a goal.

He's not a forward.

Surprised he got dropped. I thought he showed some of his best form against Adelaide. Then yes wasn't good last week (like most of our team).
I would have thought we had bigger problems to solve but we'll see how we look without him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back