Remove this Banner Ad

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 19.24.14.png

160705_Hind.jpg
Height: 181cm
Weight: 70kg
DOB: 19/08/94
Position: Half Back
Recruited From: East Point

Hind is a half back that played two games for the Dons last year, getting 13 and 16 in his two games respectively.

Really like the look of this guy. He's competitive, nuggety and very quick.

Quite slight, which could be a problem.

He's almost 23 but it would not surprise me if he an AFL club has him in the back of their minds for a rookie spot.

Really like the look of this guy. He's competitive, nuggety and very quick.

Quite slight, which could be a problem.

He's almost 23 but it would not surprise me if he an AFL club has him in the back of their minds for a rookie spot.

As much as I like him, not sure he fills any great need with us. He should rightly so be on the radar as evidenced by his excellent year (rewarded with selection in the state squad initially of 30).

Would be a small defender if given an opportunity with us but surely Benny McNeice has that 2nd small defensive role covered for the time being (and initially for free as a Cat B)

Reminds me of Luke Dalhause. The way he runs hard and picks the ball up at pace. Not brilliant skills but neat enough. More a def/mid than the fwd/mid Luke Dalhause is.

Stoked to see him rewarded for his year with a combine invite to go with the other 3 VFL Bombers (Kieran Strachan, Alex Boyse and James Ferry).

Would be such a reward for a bloke who has given so much to get where he is. I like him

?

You mentioned in the current VFL matchday thread that he is an ordinary kick of the pill?
I posted that 15 months ago after seeing him maybe 2 or 3 times. Since then have noticed him shank a lot of kicks in the 20-odd games I've seen since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm coming around on Hind, although I wouldn't play him back, I'd play him as a small forward.

He's got that certain manic quality to him combined with an ability to just naturally hit the scoreboard from general play

I'm coming around on Hind, although I wouldn't play him back, I'd play him as a small forward.

He's got that certain manic quality to him combined with an ability to just naturally hit the scoreboard from general play
Plays as a wing generally.

i find if there is a huge flaw in footy recruiters its this, they spend too much time focusing on what a guy cant do rather than what he can do.

Its tippa all over again, he had all these great attributes but he never got a chance because of what he couldn't do. its now been proven he is AFL standard. could be another case with this bloke.

i find if there is a huge flaw in footy recruiters its this, they spend too much time focusing on what a guy cant do rather than what he can do.

Its tippa all over again, he had all these great attributes but he never got a chance because of what he couldn't do. its now been proven he is AFL standard. could be another case with this bloke.
Not really in this case. He was playing in country footy, got picked up last year and recruiters wanted to see more before he got drafted.

Listed as St.Kilda's first debutante for 2019 by Fox Sports

Hope he goes well - just not against us

ST KILDA — Nick Hind
At 24 years of age, Hind is ready-made, so the Saints could call on him early. A speedy half-back/midfielder, the former Essendon VFL player will add some much needed zip and polish to the St Kilda line-up. Fellow mature-age draft selection Matthew Parker looms as the next most likely to be the club’s first debutant in 2019.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ev...e/news-story/c8373d555910e6dd94ffa1432f467bd9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back