AFL Player #19: Nick Hind

Remove this Banner Ad

Would you prefer Lloyd to just stop talking or our forwards line to improve?
thumb_why-not-both-i-feel-liketransgenders-took-this-meme-a-37915142.png

Would you prefer Lloyd to just stop talking or our forwards line to improve?
As Ant said.

Really it’s Lloyd comparing Wright to Daniher (Wright will kick more goals for Essendon in 2021 than Daniher did in his last 3 years*) and complaining we don’t have a once in a generation replacement for him.

* Daniher however will likely win a flag with Brisbane this year and kick 50+ goals

As Ant said.

Really it’s Lloyd comparing Wright to Daniher (Wright will kick more goals for Essendon in 2021 than Daniher did in his last 3 years*) and complaining we don’t have a once in a generation replacement for him.

* Daniher however will likely win a flag with Brisbane this year and kick 50+ goals
My gripe with Lloyd is he is big on finding problems but short on solutions.
Agree with what you say. Wright will most likely give us more output than Joe has in the last 3 years.
It seems to be everyone thinks there was some mystical Joe replacement out there we missed.
Could have been worse I suppose. Could have gone with Brown and be getting zero output again.

Personally I have confidence Jones can be a good forward. Marks the ball well and is a reliable kick.

Agree with what you say. Wright will most likely give us more output than Joe has in the last 3 years.
It seems to be everyone thinks there was some mystical Joe replacement out there we missed.
Could have been worse I suppose. Could have gone with Brown and be getting zero output again.

Personally I have confidence Jones can be a good forward. Marks the ball well and is a reliable kick.
You also have to remember Lloyd is looking out for HIS career in the media now so an ex champion of any club will garner much media interest & negativity sells.

Thing with Daniher is we got 1 decent year, that is it. Was clearly playing for his next move last year. Combined with Woosha who had completely checked out and lost the players the club seemed like a toxic place.

FWIW, I am liking Truck's approach to club history. Maybe a little more pride in the jumper & feeling that players can make their own history.

As Ant said.

Just on JD, I noted that everyone in the media was gushing at the 4 goal return , but it took a lot of digging to find that it was 4 goals 3 behinds with 1 OOB and no pressure... Some things wont change..

Just on JD, I noted that everyone in the media was gushing at the 4 goal return , but it took a lot of digging to find that it was 4 goals 3 behinds with 1 OOB and no pressure... Some things wont change..

+his opponents were Charlie Ballard (195cm/91kg) and Jack Bowes (187cm/85kg)

+he still shuts his eyes real tight when taking a mark. A chest mark after jumping way too high for the balldrop.

yes i'm well sour and hurting on this one but lets judge at the end of the season, not after 1 praccy against the manufactured team of misfits

Is the criticism by Lloyd not valid? The club has performed poorly for years, that is the real problem.
People put more weight on Lloyd's comments because he's a club legend, but what he says is not unique nor more insightful than anybody else that's levelled criticism against us because the problems are so obvious to the point where the club is starting to acknowledge them itself. Saying the forward line sucks is a nothing comment.

I highly doubt Lloyd is acting altruistically either; Essendon is just one area of subject knowledge that he has over everybody else in the media right now and it gives him something to talk about. Call me a cynic but if Lloyd really wanted to give his honest advice, he'd be more open about the standard of club culture and professionalism in the later years of his career. But he's not and we all know why.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the criticism by Lloyd not valid? The club has performed poorly for years, that is the real problem.

It is 100% valid but it is also easy to do. IMO he would rise above the rest of the media pack if he was to offer more solutions.
Ex player attacks former club when going poorly is a pretty generic thing to do. The other thing with Lloyd is the change in culture started under his watch but he has never owned it.

It is 100% valid but it is also easy to do. IMO he would rise above the rest of the media pack if he was to offer more solutions.
Ex player attacks former club when going poorly is a pretty generic thing to do. The other thing with Lloyd is the change in culture started under his watch but he has never owned it.
Ex player attacks former club when going poorly is a pretty generic thing to do.

He's doing season previews for each club by the look of it. There is a video for St Kilda and one for Brisbane on the 'Footy on Nine' youtube channel.

Ex player attacks former club when going poorly is a pretty generic thing to do.

He's doing season previews for each club by the look of it. There is a video for St Kilda and one for Brisbane on the 'Footy on Nine' youtube channel.

Not saying he does not do any good work. He does. Personally I just find his continual Essendon comment bland. There is nothing new and it is predictable. Everyone knows the problems and now we have an issue because the next generational forward has not fallen in our lap. What where we supposed to do ? ask everyone in front of us not to draft Logan McDonald because we needed the best forward in the draft more ?

Not really sure why this is but Essendon supporters really struggle to delineate Lloyd the player and Lloyd the personality.

As a player he was dominant, elegant and brilliant. As a media personality he’s Michael Slater crossed with one of the winged monkeys from the Wizard of Oz.

Captain bleeding obvious, no insight into anything and cowers in a corner whenever Caro tells him to

When we play Carlton, can we just ask Hind to shadow saad and nail him with a chase down tackle at least once during the game.
I’ll get the biggest stiffy if he nails saad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back