AFL Player #19: Nick Hind

Remove this Banner Ad

We have tried to shoehorn Cahill into the role but Hind looks like he was built to rebound off the half back flank.

Don't think it's the rebounded role anyway, its the little Caleb role that nibbles about in the d50 using their superior footy IQ to cut things off and make little safe passes to either relieve pressure or start a new chain.

The ngolo Kante role

Seriously, he played a good game but let's not make any comparisons to Saad. Saad is a significantly better player.

Yes Saad is. But Hind will make losing Saad significantly easier if he keeps these performance's up. Better than trying to get Cahill or Ham or someone else to fill in when we have an actual HB that can help fill that void.

Yes Saad is. But Hind will make losing Saad significantly easier if he keeps these performance's up. Better than trying to get Cahill or Ham or someone else to fill in when we have an actual HB that can help fill that void.

If your going to lose a player of Saad’s caliber this is probably the best possible outcome. Replace 80% of him for essentially nothing and then use the cap space and the first round pick to load up elsewhere.

Same goes for Daniher.

I sat there and watched this bloke with eth-dog early in his VFL career and said he had something.

Come home and playing like a man with something to prove because he isn’t just doing it offensively but the defensive work is pretty bloody noticeable too.

Looks a more astute footballer with ball in hand than Saady. Not sure if it was by design but feel much more assured with Nick with ball in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To get a first round pick for Saad, and then replace him with this bloke who we got for a bag of chips, is a massive win for us.

Losing Connor for nothing still really hurts though.

Edit - I'm looking at this the wrong way. Replacing Connor with this bloke is a reasonable swap.
Who did we get with the Saad pick? Hopefully that tips things our way in the long run.

Last edited:
To get a first round pick for Saad, and then replace him with this bloke who we got for a bag of chips, is a massive win for us.

Losing Connor for nothing still really hurts though.

Edit - I'm looking at this the wrong way. Replacing Connor with this bloke is a reasonable swap.
Who did we get with the Saad pick? Hopefully that tips things our way in the long run.
I think Reid? He hasn't played yet but he should be good.

If you were making a moneyball side this bloke would be one of the first picked. Just offers so much in areas which are highly valued for a rebounding half back flanker. Not to mention I reckon these new rules suit him to a tee.

Great pickup.

There’s this game, Super, SuperCoach I believe it may be called haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to admit...I was a solid doubter, but I have been pleasantly surprised so far - particularly with the guts he showed on the weekend.
Saad is probably a better player, but there's something to be said for a player that wants to do what he can for the club, and who seems to be popular amongst the lads. I think the status quo has been maintained.

I’m starting to think he’s better than Saad is now, maybe not a couple of years back. Saad seems to have lost a little pace and too often blazes with the foot. Crazy call maybe but Hind has been very impressive. Couldn’t believe it at the time and still can’t believe St Kilda played him forward after impressing so much in the EFC VFL off half back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back