AFL Player #19: Nick Hind

19 - hind.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2024
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 31, Rick Ross

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, like there has been in WA since Round 1 2020. It dosen't mean "No Entry".\

Except it does mean he won't play, unless he is provided with an exemption (which he won't)

Jun 9, 2007
Awareness
AFL Club
Essendon
Test within 24 hours of arrival, then on day 5 and 13.

That means 14 day quarantine.

Why didn't Port Adelaide and Geelong quarantine for 14 days after playing at Marvel/Geelong on the 20th/21st?

It means for people who test positive on the first test, not the negative.

Those re-occuring tests, for actual arrivals (not prior) are there for the possibility that a first positive test becomes a false positive/recovery by the 5th or 13th.

Federal government should force Tasmania to let him in, nothing like this to get every AFL player to stop checking in anywhere.

It won't be
lol. Seriously?

maskmcgee

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2017
The Windy Apple
AFL Club
Essendon
lol. Seriously?

Yep. You think any player from any top 8 club is ever going to check in anywhere after this? The federal government needs to force Tasmania to allow a covid-free person to play or there will be massive outbreaks in SA and WA from players refusing to check in. Either he plays, or the season is cancelled.

Yep. You think any player from any top 8 club is ever going to check in anywhere after this? The federal government needs to force Tasmania to allow a covid-free person to play or there will be massive outbreaks in SA and WA from players refusing to check in. Either he plays, or the season is cancelled.
Alrighty then.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Im not sure that is the logical extrapolation of Hinds situation.

The AFL wants the games played with crowds. Tasmania was one of the few states that could accommodate that so we have to meet their terms or go somewhere else.

If football players werent going to check in because of this i would suggest they probably werent doing it anyway.
If anything, the logic extrapolation is i imagine this would ensure footballers will be ordering delivery take out or drop off groceries from now on

MiguelM

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Im not sure that is the logical extrapolation of Hinds situation.

The AFL wants the games played with crowds. Tasmania was one of the few states that could accommodate that so we have to meet their terms or go somewhere else.

If football players werent going to check in because of this i would suggest they probably werent doing it anyway.
If anything, the logic extrapolation is i imagine this would ensure footballers will be ordering delivery take out or drop off groceries from now on
^^ In spades. Probably a dumb decision in the end to go anywhere near a shopping centre. Esp since there were cases in the area.

Should have checked in as "The Bont" in any case.

Tom Browne just said on 7 that Brisbane have the same rules as Tasmania, so he would be unavailable for a hypothetical Brisbane v Essendon semi.

I think the whole team would be unavailable. The whole of Vic is a hotspot so if you've been in Vic you have to do 14 day quarantine on entry into Qld

EDIT - current info from QLD Health for those interested
1630126815092.png

Last edited:

Foxx

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
I think the whole team would be unavailable. The whole of Vic is a hotspot so if you've been in Vic you have to do 14 day quarantine on entry into Qld

EDIT - current info from QLD Health for those interested
View attachment 1219563
It notes an exemption there. So they would probably allow Essendon in, which then means by extension also Hind - As the whole state is a hotspot from Queensland's perspective.

Back