AFL Player #19: Nick Hind

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the whole team would be unavailable. The whole of Vic is a hotspot so if you've been in Vic you have to do 14 day quarantine on entry into Qld

EDIT - current info from QLD Health for those interested
View attachment 1219563

The AFL has had a deal with the QLD government in place for a while with exemptions. No point reading the official government sites on this as if they where going by those rules none of the games would have been played in any state. It comes under the exemptions in place. We would have to have a strict bubble in place for the players , negative test on arrival and it would be fly in and fly out. Same conditions as used in SA. Things change by the day of course but it is not as cut and dry as the normal cases are.

I don't know if he'd have made much of a difference in those conditions
If he did play, I wouldn’t have minded seeing him get swung forward. I think he could’ve made a slight difference at that end (not result changing, but maybe we could’ve got a few goals on the board).

Speed kings: Telstra Tracker reveals your club's fastest player in 2021

NICK Hind was not only one of the recruits of the year, but he was also one of the fastest.

In fact, the dashing Essendon defender was the quickest player in the AFL in 2021, according to Telstra Tracker data.

Hind was clocked at a top speed of 36.07km/h.

For context, if the 27-year-old could maintain that for 100m, he'd run 9.98sec and be in an Olympic final rather than on an AFL field.

Not surprisingly, the man Hind effectively replaced at Essendon – Carlton's Adam Saad – was one of 11 other players to top 35km/h.

Essendon:
Top five fastest players in 2021

Nick Hind 36.07km/h
Matt Guelfi 34.78
Zach Merrett 34.60
Brayden Ham 33.98
Mason Redman 33.48

Such a great pick-up

But fu** me this journo is a moron
The guy who used to write about stats stuff (and had a stats related podcast for the AFL) was let go with the pandemic last year - Marc McGowan. Think he’s now writing for the hawks website and a bit for the herald sun and around the place.

Was good for randomly posting interesting stuff that isn’t available anywhere else, and now we got this instead.. 🤪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It also assumes that the 100m is run at Hind's top end speed not taking in to account acceleration time. Usain Bolts top speed has been recorded at over 44 km/h much higher than Hindy.

All Australian year for this bloke. Has moved ahead now of Adam Saad IMO. And boy does that feel good

All Australian year for this bloke. Has moved ahead now of Adam Saad IMO. And boy does that feel good

Underrating Saad a bit IMO, Hind has been fantastic, and given what we got for trading Saad we've come out miles ahead on the deal given Hind has pretty much replicated Saad's output and we got the first rounder. But their performances in 2022 were pretty similar, Hind got a bit more a ball, Saad a bit more defensive work.

Underrating Saad a bit IMO, Hind has been fantastic, and given what we got for trading Saad we've come out miles ahead on the deal given Hind has pretty much replicated Saad's output and we got the first rounder. But their performances in 2022 were pretty similar, Hind got a bit more a ball, Saad a bit more defensive work.

Losing someone with Saad's attitude from the team is a plus as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back