SALTER Nick copy.jpg

Height: 190 cm

Weight: 94 kg

Date of Birth: 30th July 1987

Nickname: Salts

Twitter Handle: @nicksalter19

Position: Defender

SANFL Club: Woodville-West Torrens

Recruited From: Woodville-West Torrens (2008 Rookie Draft Pick #15)

Career Games (to end of 2012): 21 (6 wins, 15 losses)

Career Goals (to end of 2012): 12

For more career stats click here

Honours:

More info on Nick Salter:
2012 was not a good year for Nick. He managed just the 5 matches of football throughout the season and only 2 at senior SANFL level. A persistent foot injury saw Nick miss 15 matches throughout the year. It remains up in the air whether Nick will have a contract for 2013.

Highlight Reel:

Re: Nick Salter

I wonder if he'll overcome the double burden of playing for Woodville-West Torrens and looking like a Crows player?

I wonder if he'll overcome the double burden of playing for Woodville-West Torrens and looking like a Crows player?

Perhaps. Here is something +ve from Highlights of the PAFC AGM
'....Football Administration Manager David Hutton introduced the six new players to the club.......Mark Williams also said a few words about them.....He was strong in his praise for Nick Salter, mentioning he should have been a contender for us to select him on the senior list......'.

I've heard Nick has been training really well. Apparently taking it in his stride and is ridding himself of the 'lazy' tag. I think you have picked up another gem here. Really angry Crows didn't snatch him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he debuted this year.

I've heard Nick has been training really well. Apparently taking it in his stride and is ridding himself of the 'lazy' tag. I think you have picked up another gem here. Really angry Crows didn't snatch him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he debuted this year.

Thats interesting KC, Salter may be the wildcard for a position on the main list whilst Wilson is injured, if he (Nick) impresses in the pre season.

I wouldn't worry too much though, Moss is obviously rated very highly by both clubs, he more than likely will turn out to be a good long term player for your footy club.

Re: #45 Nick Salter

Try CHF. Salter dominated on the weekend. You guys have picked a Gem here. Could be a replacement for Tredders I would think.

Can Kick and Can mark. Whether this would be the same in AFL conditions I am not sure, but in the SANFL he is going to carve up, could be a real contender for the KF medal this year.

Just been speaking to his aunty, aparently, Neil Craig was a prick in his interview, Nick walked into the room and frist thing, Craig asked him to take off his shirt, Craig said "Not as fat as I thought!" and the sat thim down and continued to be rude and arogant, and to finish the interview just made mention "Nothing good has ever come from Clare Valley!"

Choc was the compleete opposite, didn't want to know Nick, Just spoke to Nick's Father and Mother and asked Nick a few questions, but in all, it was more family orientaited.

Nick's aunty said they tought he was going to go to the Crows as the Port Interview was so informal, they (The Salters) thought Port were not interested and had made a curtisoy interview! But Nick is rapt with Port and is enjoying his new life as a professional footballer!

*For the reccord the Salter's are avid Crows supporters, so it is not like this is completly fabrication

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard a rumour Salter is seriously under consideration to get a game.

That would require him to be elevated though right?

Heard a rumour Salter is seriously under consideration to get a game.

That would require him to be elevated though right?

Yep, but we have a space on the list.

Did Minson retire or get placed on the long term injury list?

if he retired then he cant be replaced (ALA wangas a couple of years back)

If theres a spot surely he must get the call up to the main list
i would love to see him get a couple of games with the Power before the seasons out
big future this kid

Did Minson retire or get placed on the long term injury list?

if he retired then he cant be replaced (ALA wangas a couple of years back)

If theres a spot surely he must get the call up to the main list
i would love to see him get a couple of games with the Power before the seasons out
big future this kid
Hugh Minson is on the long term injury list and i think he's retired from footy because of his ongoing knee problems.

It's time to elevate Nick Salter off the PAFC rookie list now.

The rumours look to be true.

Its funny cause I heard all this stuff at once. Nick Salter, Wilson&Lade getting dropped, Williams HATING the fact they are doing a review and that Tyson Edwards is on notice that if he doesn't lift he won't be around next year.

Salter is a gun btw.

Call it bad timing, but he got dropped to reserves on the weekend, for off-field reasons.

And kicked 8 goals.

well being dropped for discipline reasons obviously did him little harm - elevated to the main list from the rookie list and also listed to play this weekend against St kilda - not a bad days work

kicked 2 long goals in the first half in his debut game before being forced off the ground after a heavy knock to the head. Wasnt seen in the second half and according to Lower in an interview after the game spent the second half in a dark room as Nick was suffering a migraine and dizziness due to the knock

was a very promising start to his AFL career and i hope we see alot more of him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back