Player Watch #19 Peter Ladhams

Remove this Banner Ad

Harsh I think. Thought he was staring at 2.

He did get given 4, it's just 3 with the guilty plea.

Reckon Sydney fight it. What's to lose? If Hickey goes down in the semi, we fight it, we might have Ladhams for the prelim if we make it. Otherwise at worst, he misses the first 2 rounds of next year.

seems like he got done for stupidity, probably doesn't help he has form. Better to see him snap now that in the seniors. Glad it absolutely puts a line through that option.

Did Ladhams collect a head? How is this 3 week suspension?
Regardless, Hickey is only around until the end of next year. Unless extended. Lladhams is contracted until 2025.
We need his head in order. He needs to get his head around the fact that the rest of the team is in premiership mode. Is he? He needs to be honest. We need a premiership ruckman. If not him then let us know so we can get one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless, Hickey is only around until the end of next year. Unless extended. Lladhams is contracted until 2025.
We need his head in order. He needs to get his head around the fact that the rest of the team is in premiership mode. Is he? He needs to be honest. We need a premiership ruckman. If not him then let us know so we can get one.
All in his head. Coincides with poor form from what I can tell. When he plays badly he lashes out

Seems a genuine drop kick. Very easy to see why Port were willing to let go on the cheap. If he doesn’t sort the anger issues out he’s too much of a liability to have on the list.
They didn't want him to leave. However, they did flub the trade.

If it didn't hurt the reserves team or risk us being down to bare bones if Hickey goes down, I'm happy with the 3-4 game ban for stupidity alone. Serves him right.

So that gets assessed worse than Cripps, go figure.
Guy looked pretty concussed to me. 3 weeks is about reasonable considering it was high, late and over the boundary line. I mean there's not much more you can add to that list to make it worse tbh.
What a bum time to make that decision. If Hickey goes down...
It should be 3 weeks but the circus of this year's adjudications for contact above the shoulders means that it's worth an appeal.

Bloody dumb thing to do when the game was essentially over, the tough guy sh*t pissed me off when it was against Port but I could at least understand with all the emotion involved why Ladhams did it. This, however, is atrocious considering the importance of his position in the squad both for the seniors and reserves during finals. We need the ressies pushing deep into September as well to ensure we have as much match practice as possible for all of our depth players (of which he was one)!

Regardless of any appeal decision, I hope the powers that be from the Swans have given him an all time spray!

Last edited:
Guy looked pretty concussed to me. 3 weeks is about reasonable considering it was high, late and over the boundary line. I mean there's not much more you can add to that list to make it worse tbh.
What a bum time to make that decision. If Hickey goes down...
OK Hickey looks injured or just tired from working his arse off as sole ruck. Reid has reinvented his career this season , helping as a ruck backup or pushing forward as a marking target inside 50. Ijust want to say Ladhams is a complete tool who we should not have signed . What everyone has forgotten is that we have Callum Sinclair club servent for many years, still rokin it in the ressies. This guy is coming into our finals team!!

Seems a genuine drop kick. Very easy to see why Port were willing to let go on the cheap. If he doesn’t sort the anger issues out he’s too much of a liability to have on the list.
We've got him until 2025.

Could go one of two ways:

Option A: matures, pulls his head in - becomes a valuable asset; or
Option B: continues to be prone to bouts of ill-discipline and mindless thuggery - becomes a problematic list-clogger.

A stupid act that rules you out of the finals ... on top of idiotic acts earlier in the season ... Option B is becoming a real worry.

OK Hickey looks injured or just tired from working his arse off as sole ruck. Reid has reinvented his career this season , helping as a ruck backup or pushing forward as a marking target inside 50. Ijust want to say Ladhams is a complete tool who we should not have signed . What everyone has forgotten is that we have Callum Sinclair club servent for many years, still rokin it in the ressies. This guy is coming into our finals team!!
Sinkers does not have the legs to play our game style, love him to pieces but I'd rather Amartey if we're forced to cover for Hickey in the event that Ladhams is ruled out.

Last edited:
It was unprovoked, against an unsuspecting (and much smaller) opponent - and could easily have resulted in (very) serious injury.

In truth, 3 seems on the lower end. It was just inexcusable.
To me it reeks of the kind of mindset in domestic violence situations. Taking out your inadequacies on a physically inferior target. Kicking the dog. Nasty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back