Delisted 19 -Quinton Narkle (2017 - 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the need for people to constantly compare every indigenous player at draft time to a past indigenous player. Lazy comparisons.

My first impression was he looks like a raw Motlop.

So go on white boy, give us a 'serious comparison'. Don't be afraid.

Shameful lack of faith from me.

Don't be too hard on yourself, jester. We all know you're still a true believer.

And the idea of Narkle and the NBT running around together with the Bankers for at least one game in '17 isn't as outlandish as it might first appear.

After all, Longmire gave Heeney a freshen-up in the NEAFL at one stage this year before he returned to again dominate at senior level with the Swans. So I could see our coaching staff doing the same thing to keep Matty at his mercurial best in the seniors as we push towards September.

And I would hope that one week in the twos shouldn't interfere with his charge to the 2017 Rising Star award too much.

#allthewaywithwaybill

My first impression was he looks like a raw Motlop.

So go on white boy, give us a 'serious comparison'. Don't be afraid.
Kicking style and the combination of inside outside he reminds me of a smaller Sloane, more pace but less size.

A bit of research tells me Quinton only played one game after round 8 in the WAFL this year due to a knee injury. Think he might have had surgery on it also.

Sloanes pretty small. How can he be a smaller sloane?
Might be just the difference in hair volume that makes me think sloane is bigger.

Edit: Also, sloane is 3cm taller.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what he had to say about Narkle - " He did lose his way a bit after under 16s - he wasnt working hard enough and didnt have the dedication. It looks like the penny may have finally dropped and if he continues on that path could be a good find "

I ran into Narkle back here in Perth over the Xmas break (knew him from before he got drafted). He said your coaches told him he had to get his skinfolds down and he was looking noticeably leaner to me, so good signs for you guys that he's putting in the work required already.

Love the need for people to constantly compare every indigenous player at draft time to a past indigenous player. Lazy comparisons.

To be fair, how many white players have as much natural ability as Indigenous players?
I don't believe many do.
There are rare exceptions like Fyfe, Ablett, Elliott, Stringer, guys who can jump 40 inches in the air and run like the wind but like majority of the sports in America, black people dominate the sport because they are naturally blessed with superior athletic abilities.

Comparisons to past Indigenous Australians are only fitting as you only get a handful of Ablett Snr's that come along whereas the Rioli's, McLeod's, Matera's, Motlop's, Wingard's . . . they play the sport in abundance.

Got high hopes for Narkle...good luck to him..

..good work Boris...

I had a chat with him at the MCG one day last year. He seems a nice kid. Gave me his time with not a hint of arrogance about him.

Catsmaninamerica - albeit in a holiday right now - has been a massive wrap for him for ages. Said he’s raw but talented and a ripping kid

Hope we see soon enough

Go Catters

Quinton NARKLE
2018 VFL

Totals
  • 6 games
  • 9 goals
  • 2 behinds
  • 2 times in best players list

Averages
  • 9.2 kicks
  • 9.2 handballs