Past #19: Sam Wright - "Mr September" - retiring from AFL in Round 20 - thanks Slammin' Sam

Remove this Banner Ad

Was there yesterday. Didn't look hindered.

Having had the JLT hitout they may well be nursing Sammy back into the season, wary of his injury history, and I don't mind that. I look forward to him returning but will also enjoy watching the kiddies play in the interim.

afl.com.au:

"And give it back to you ... the people".

No it's not Bane. It's North defender Sam Wright putting in the hard yards as he bids to return from a lingering ankle injury.
Damn, they beat me to it, o well.

wright3.jpg

Gee whiz. Him being allowed to wear that mask as an elite, professional sportsman makes me question everything about our clubs strength and conditioning department.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee whiz. Him being allowed to wear that mask as an elite, professional sportsman makes me question everything about our clubs strength and conditioning department.
Why?

Its to replicate high altitude. I nearly bought one myself but I cut cardio to focus it all in the gym instead. It may also of been his choice.

Why?

Its to replicate high altitude. I nearly bought one myself but I cut cardio to focus it all in the gym instead. It may also of been his choice.
It's like those powerbands that went crazy years ago, it 100% does not mimic high altitude conditions and is purely a marketing product with no scientific backing. It does replicate being asthmatic though, which I don't think we want for our players.

It's like those powerbands that went crazy years ago, it 100% does not mimic high altitude conditions and is purely a marketing product with no scientific backing. It does replicate being asthmatic though, which I don't think we want for our players.
My friend uses one who recommended to me who had good results from it.

If you are asthmatic I wouldnt recommend it though....I am guessing Sam isnt :)

Listed as 3 weeks away.

Injury List
Declan Mountford (shoulder) test
Mason Wood (knee) 3 weeks
Sam Wright (ankle) 3 weeks
Ben Jacobs (foot) 3 weeks
Jarrad Waite (shoulder) 3-5 weeks
Oscar Junker (broken tibia) 9-11 weeks
Paul Ahern* (knee) season

Last updated: April 4

* Long term injury list

North Melbourne has pushed back Sam Wright’s expected return from an ankle injury after the defender experienced a “low-level stress reaction” in his foot.

After weeks of encouraging progression including over-ground running, Wright reported some discomfort according to Senior Performance Consultant Steve Saunders.

“Scans confirmed there was a minor issue with his sesamoid following the surgery to his syndesmosis [ankle],” Saunders explained.

“We picked this problem up nice and early and Sam will now have a slower than initially expected recovery period. We are taking a very measured approach to his rehabilitation and will graduate his over-ground running loads in the coming weeks.

“Our focus has always been on making sure he returns fully fit and is able to have a significant impact.”

As a result, Wright is now expected to return between Rounds 10-13.

Injury List
Mitchell Hibberd (concussion) test
Ben Jacobs (foot) 2-3 weeks
Jarrad Waite (AC joint) 2-3 weeks
Sam Wright (ankle/foot) 6-8 weeks
Oscar Junker (tibia) 7-9 weeks
Paul Ahern (knee) season*

Last updated: April 18

* Long term injury list

He's gonna be a tagger like Ninja Jacob

img1442041234.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back