Past #19: Sam Wright - "Mr September" - retiring from AFL in Round 20 - thanks Slammin' Sam

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going to back him in for 2018 and beyond but in saying that, if he has another set back or re injury then it is curtains.

If he was a horse
We'd shoot him No doubt

Swallow was slow
Did his Achilles Got slower

Didn't do Harper much good either

Does anyone round here think he is any chance of getting back?

So why did we give him a one year contract if we didn't think he would play again ?

You are telling me he is finished. And the club give him another year's salary for spending the year keeping fit in the Rehab group.

Why they do that ?

If he was a horse
We'd shoot him No doubt

Swallow was slow
Did his Achilles Got slower

Didn't do Harper much good either

Does anyone round here think he is any chance of getting back?
I couldn't work out if this was a haiku, alliteration, personification or drunken ramblings.

I'm assuming 1 is right.

Roos need to make a series assessment of where this ankle is. Sammy is going to want to get out of bed in 10 years and not flop over. Run around with his kids etc. It's just a game.

If the club is putting out updates of his rehab on the website, working with the principal physio of the Australian ballet then I reckon they’re very confident he’s on the right path. No point putting him up for more scrutiny again if he’s not tracking in the right direction.

Personally I’m feeling confident that the Katamatite kid will be back on the park in 2018 and beyond.

He’s missed a huge amount of footy. Even if he comes back, he will need a injury free 2018/2019 to get any form back

Not sure where he comes in or replaces at the moment

He’s missed a huge amount of footy. Even if he comes back, he will need a injury free 2018/2019 to get any form back

Not sure where he comes in or replaces at the moment
He was a solid B grader when he got injured.

I dont see him getting back to that form in a while. He needs a good extended run of no injuries, and with this sort of injury i dont see it happening.

He was a solid B grader when he got injured.

I dont see him getting back to that form in a while. He needs a good extended run of no injuries, and with this sort of injury i dont see it happening.

Agree. Plus his confidence must be absolutely shot. Mentally probably more taxing than the injury in itself

He is a good player though. Used to be my whipping boy for the first few years but he developed well

I think Jimmy had a broken Lisfranc? Which don't always mend...isn't this Jacobs problem?

Sammys ankles seem chronic in the technical ongoing sense
Wot us simple folk call stuffed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the club is putting out updates of his rehab on the website, working with the principal physio of the Australian ballet then I reckon they’re very confident he’s on the right path. No point putting him up for more scrutiny again if he’s not tracking in the right direction.

Personally I’m feeling confident that the Katamatite kid will be back on the park in 2018 and beyond.
The Katemite Kid? Sam wright from katemite? might be known as Billy Elliot these days but I certainly hope he gets back!

this guy's days are numbered, EVW and him are vying for the same spot, this 3rd tall versatile defender who can take taller and smaller forwards. Ankle injuries are always very hard to fully recover. I never recovered from my twisted ankle in yr 12. Although i did do a shoddy rehab job in that i started walking on it with a hobble until pain is gone and never got a crutch, also i kept on playing basketball with a hobble. But i was one of the fastest at school within 20 meters, nowadays i am very reluctant to sprint at anywhere near full speed. So from what i have seen of his injury, it looked bad. He is a tallish player, quite strong upper body, heavy, ankle....... He is turning 28 in 2018, game over i think. Same goes to jacobs, he is obselete. Having a tagger implies your midfield do not to total defense as it is the trend (WB, Rich).

this guy's days are numbered, EVW and him are vying for the same spot, this 3rd tall versatile defender who can take taller and smaller forwards. Ankle injuries are always very hard to fully recover. I never recovered from my twisted ankle in yr 12. Although i did do a shoddy rehab job in that i started walking on it with a hobble until pain is gone and never got a crutch, also i kept on playing basketball with a hobble. But i was one of the fastest at school within 20 meters, nowadays i am very reluctant to sprint at anywhere near full speed. So from what i have seen of his injury, it looked bad. He is a tallish player, quite strong upper body, heavy, ankle....... He is turning 28 in 2018, game over i think. Same goes to jacobs, he is obselete. Having a tagger implies your midfield do not to total defense as it is the trend (WB, Rich).

Go on...do tell....wat other ailments can you advise us on that ends careers from personal experiences?

You're the missing link between Arthur Cloke and roos rool

As much as I love Wrighty if he isn’t on the park by about Round 5-6 then back in the senior side by round 10-12 then I’m tipping it’ll be curtains. If he was on another list I’m not sure he would’ve survived this Long. Hard to believe he has been around for 10 years already along with Ziebell.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we reached for him @pick 28 in his draft year when we had previously been linked to Daniel Hannerbury.

Go on...do tell....wat other ailments can you advise us on that ends careers from personal experiences?

Turning 29? Oh, and turning 30 as well. I guess.

... jacobs, he is obselete. Having a tagger implies your midfield do not to total defense as it is the trend (WB, Rich).

Hmmm, another who's fallen for the "WB, Rich" hype, as if they were even remotely close to the best teams in their premiership years.

PS - we were the last team to beat Richmond in a final. Jacobs wasn't obsolete that day, but their captain was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back