Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch - It’s Official - OP Updated with Lynchmond goodness!

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the biggest issues with trying to get the ball to ground for our smalls is they have to be close to the cnbtest for the crumb or loose ball. This also invites their defender in to the contest making it easy to have a third man up everytime. I honestly think the time has come to reconsider our forward structure now. We need to add a player who can play as a third marking option in a contest. Too many sides are playing a third tall and, against us, just intercept everything because we bomb long.

Bring in CCJ or Caddy to make the third defender accountable.

Last edited:

One of the biggest issues with trying to get the ball to ground for our smalls is they have to be close to the cnbtest for the crumb or loose ball. This also invites their defender in to the contest making it easy to have a third man up everytime. I honestly think the time has come to reconsider our forward structure now. We need to add a player who can play as a third marking option in a contest. Too many sides are playing a third tall and, against us, just intercept everything because we bomb long.

Absolutely this. Our smalls just aren't as effective as they were in 17/18, we need to focus on Lynch/Riewoldt leading to mark it in great positions rather then bring it to ground in pack marks, where our smalls are out-worked 90% of the time.

Whether it's a tall, medium or small, we just need to play someone on the spare to make them accountable. If they send an extra defender in, set an attacking midfielder there as well. The more bodies in there the harder it is to get a clean rebound out of there

Very tough school in here - service is absolutely atrocious at the moment - usually competing in packing with Jack and 3-4 defenders

while neither is getting out marked, our smalls aren’t being effective in winning it at ground level

Both Jack and Tom get nothing from the umps in this scenario too

Tomlinson played very well on riewoldt which left lever to intercept all night, needed a 3rd tall to make them all accountable
Yes the service hasn't been good. but when given the chances he has been fumbling & dropping easy marks.

The criticism of Lynch has been warranted imo

poor bloke is continually double teamed and we bomb it in slow and high, he's no farrrking chance...

Clearly a lot of you have never had to play CHF in your footy careers.
I thought he started to show signs on the weekend. Getting a bit of physicality in his game and hitting the ball nice and high.

He is not your mobile CHF that plays up the ground and when the ball is switched he has to present to the other side of the ground (I played CHF), as he doesn't have the running power. May is also very quick for a big bloke, won the GF sprint one year or nearly did from memory, so it was always going to be hard for him. But so far this season he has done very little leading up to the ball.

In that respect he could chop out in the ruck because he also rests forward swapping with Jack. Besides we need another mobile tall I reckon to break up our bombing long to a patch of ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bombing the ball long isn't working but after watching the replay, Lynch is infringed upon juyst about every time he goes for a mark.
Got paid down the other end all night, but not ours.

Does my head in.

Nothing frees to the oppo and nothing to our KPFs. I'd really love to club to get the film of a game showing all contests for KPFs on both teams and ask the AFL 'why the difference'.

Does my head in.

Nothing frees to the oppo and nothing to our KPFs. I'd really love to club to get the film of a game showing all contests for KPFs on both teams and ask the AFL 'why the difference'.

The big thing for me atm is chopping of the arms, the past 2 weeks Grimes in particular has been pinged doing it, well * me take a look down the other end and have a look everytime Lynch flies for a mark then.

The only thing missing from Dimma's speach is "and you also need to ask the umpires why they are 3 blinded mice when Tom tries to take a mark".

The big thing for me atm is chopping of the arms, the past 2 weeks Grimes in particular has been pinged doing it, well fu** me take a look down the other end and have a look everytime Lynch flies for a mark then.

The only thing missing from Dimma's speach is "and you also need to ask the umpires why they are 3 blinded mice when Tom tries to take a mark".

Yep. I see so many frees that aren't given. It's gone well beyond a joke now

Pfft!! What would Dimma know... Big Footy is where the real geniuses live.
He’s obviously clueless in respect of Rioli too according to the BF coaching crew!! It’s all about playing your role, and clearly, a number of posters as well as many in the media do not understand that.

He’s obviously clueless in respect of Rioli too according to the BF coaching crew!! It’s all about playing your role, and clearly, a number of posters as well as many in the media do not understand that.

Media line of the year. He could have 80 goals playing in any other system but he has 2 premiership medals playing in ours

If our key forwards got the frees oppo teams got,the media would not be scrutinising them especially Lynch.

His work off the ball is incredible.

Gets double and triple teamed every week,Port game should of been rewarded for high contact but Deboy swallowed his whistles like a tray of Oysters Kilpatrick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back