1961 Grand National Winner Aintree help

Remove this Banner Ad

Trevanian

All Australian
Jun 20, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hello, my Dad bet and won at 28/1 on a Grey Horse called 'Nicolaus Silver' who won the Grand national in the UK in 1961 i am trying to find out what Number the horse wore on that race day? If anyone would be able to help would be appreciated. Thanks

From the pictures it does look like a 29 as well.
424270007658c520cfb9d148a3d9a76a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I just watched the whole race , it does look like no 29. The horse fair dinkum lost 2 lengths every time it jumped and knuckled about 5 times. Have no idea how it won!
Yep, would have liked to see the fluctuations on Betfair in the run.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Awesome! Thank you so much! My dad watched the youtube race. Same result he won! Reckons he won 70 quid which was pretty good for that time, his extended family weren't very happy cause he told them to bet on the Horse and they didn't this was in London at the time. Said the horse had something special about it as he had seen it race in Ireland, but he said the Jockey who rode it then was no good kept falling off, So when it came over they didn't rate it but the person who was tasked with the ride in the National was Bobby Beasley who was a fine Jockey so he said to himself it was the Horse to beat, which it turned out to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back