Updated 1984 Abduction and Murder of Kylie Maybury

Remove this Banner Ad

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Some potentially good news for the family of young Kylie Maybury, who went missing and was found dead in 1984, with an arrest being made

A 73-year-old man from Waterford Park, near Broadford north of Melbourne, was on Thursday arrested by homicide squad cold case detectives.

He was arrested at his home and remains in police custody. No charges have been laid.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/a...ie-maybury-20160609-gpf7b3.html#ixzz4B3Jla7uk
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

Hopefully if it is a correct arrest and it is the culprit, enough evidence is available.

I don't know much, if anything, about this case, but assuming they've got their man, reading this just brought a spark to my heart in the hope that we never give up on our cold cases.

Interesting arrest, hope it pans out for the family and they get some closure.

From what I recall, many of the family felt that the grandfather and/or uncle were involved, and even in recent years still made vocal these claims.

Great police work, good on all involved for not giving up. Hopefully the anonymous callers now step forward with their evidence

A man has been arrested today in relation to the murder and rape of Kylie Maybury way back in 1984.

http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/new...ollowing-murder-of-kylie-maybury-in-1984.html

Well done VicPol.

Still has to go before the courts but I'd be suggesting he left DNA at the murder scene and has slipped up in recent years and been DNA tested for an alleged match.

Sorry mods, just saw the other thread. Please merge.

Interesting arrest, hope it pans out for the family and they get some closure.

From what I recall, many of the family felt that the grandfather and/or uncle were involved, and even in recent years still made vocal these claims.

Great police work, good on all involved for not giving up. Hopefully the anonymous callers now step forward with their evidence

Will try and confirm but believe the father and a brother with 'interesting' sexual behaviours committed suicide within a couple of years of her murder.

Herald Sun have some more info too
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...r/news-story/1c59dc4508b341474473ce6042a2be37

Suspect sounds a little strange
http://m.theage.com.au/victoria/man...-quiet-life-in-tiny-town-20160609-gpfoq3.html

Last edited:
I thought a relation of the family actually knew the culprit who eventually found himself in goal and the family member intentionally got arrested so as to get the so called evil doer?

Reading the Underbelly books that were written a while ago, they did get a fair bit wrong.

Probably a bit harsh to say that they got it wrong. They speculate regularly about our unsolved crimes and the most likely suspects. They stop short of flat out accusing people of unsolved crimes (I'd say that the closest I saw them get was Denis Tanner). They tend to present it essentially as: here's what happened, here's this individual's criminal history and/or motive and opportunity to commit the crimes, draw your own conclusions.

Imagine if the killer of the Beaumont Children had been caught in their seventies or eighties. Not much justice.

With Davies being 73. you'd need supernatural life extension techniques for a jail sentence to really be justice.

It seems Kylie, being only six, was feeling lost and unable to find her way home and Davies came by in his car?

The family at least get some closure but 30yrs too late. He has enjoyed the prime of his life knowing he is guilty. Probably won't have that long to go. Sick animal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The family at least get some closure but 30yrs too late. He has enjoyed the prime of his life knowing he is guilty. Probably won't have that long to go. Sick animal.

I hope he was reasonably healthy and well off at least - if not, then spending the rest of his life in prison is probably better than a cheap nursing home.

Slightly different but reminds me of Ronnie Biggs - turns himself in when he is old and ill so the state can provide him with care.

I hope he was reasonably healthy and well off at least - if not, then spending the rest of his life in prison is probably better than a cheap nursing home.

Probably doesn't matter much (especially to him) but now everyone who knew him, cared for him, family and friends now know what sort of sick monster of a prick he is and probably wish the worse possible end of life experience for him.

They should investigate Davies for other unsolved child murders. Hopefully when he reaches his precious Christian afterlife, Satan will make sure he knows what it's like to be a terrified grade one student who was walking home with some sugar.

Keith Moor, the Herald Sun's main reporter on Kylie, hopes there will be a Kylie Maybury TV movie. He's been trying to get networks and production houses interested.

What a frigging vulture.

If there was a telemovie about Kylie, i hope Julie Maybury would be involved at every step. I imagine Kylie's story would be like my friend Meagan's, full of Rainbow Brite, Strawberry Shortcake, and calisthenics, only cruelly cut short by Davies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back