1990 The Final Story

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, love the idea. The missus is going to be stripped of the remote and sent to bed coz there's pretty much no chance of stripping the flannelette PJ's off her!:D
The best thing about 90', the Draw and then the 2010 flag isI can have my own, personal footy marathon....pre-GF.:D

Hi guys - I live Overseas, and so obviously havent seen it yet. How do I find a way to watch it on the web? Anyone have any links etc? Happy for it to be a paid site, I dont mind parting with my hard earned to watch this one!

Hi guys - I live Overseas, and so obviously havent seen it yet. How do I find a way to watch it on the web? Anyone have any links etc? Happy for it to be a paid site, I dont mind parting with my hard earned to watch this one!

I will see what I can come up with. BTW - excellent first post dewkicker.

I taped it on the hard drive and watched it again. A great incite to how essendon were feeling leading up to the GF. Watson said they were flat, and during their warm up they kept looking at the pies when they ran through the baner. Watson said the pies looked focused!
The pies never recovered for years after the loss of Milliane.

and its a more acceptable marathon than the typical marathon 7 used to take great pleasure in showing, with all our GF losses.
AS luck, or good management, would have it I happen to have every Collingwood game from Rnd 1 of the NAB Cup 2007 until last Friday night on hard drive, a mere click away from the 55" flat screen. Not many of those are losses.:D

AS luck, or good management, would have it I happen to have every Collingwood game from Rnd 1 of the NAB Cup 2007 until last Friday night on hard drive, a mere click away from the 55" flat screen. Not many of those are losses.:D

Told the missus, I'm organising this years holiday.:D

She's really going to be disappointed, I'll be in heaven, you'll be in shock but the slabS will quench that!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have all the Final stories and they are a great insight in to what actually happened. It's interesting to see and hear about things that went on we didn't know about.
I guess the thing that choked me up was when they did the count down of the GF losses.... 60, 64, 66, 70, 77, 79, 80, 81 and then winning in 90
I still remember the day and was worried early on when Salmon got the ball, thinking we might be in trouble here... only to see the guys fight back and really dominate the play.
I know we were pretty safe half way in the third quarter, but after seeing us lose from winnable positions before, I finally accepted it was ours at the 20 min mark of the last.
I remember thinking after we pants them in the second semi we were going to win the Premiership that year. I remember going to the ground after the game with a mate and all the cars and streets were full and finally getting in the ground and seeing the players sing the song on stage... it was a magical night. I didn't go to the after game celebrations in 2010 as I knew it wouldn't come close to 1990.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back