Remove this Banner Ad

Smiling Buddha

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Oct 17, 2007
Cultural Marxist Utopia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And that doesn't include the six others who were directly killed in the initial raid.

I felt it was timely to bring this incident up for discussion now, given what is happening in Nevada as I write this.

There is plenty to the Waco Massacre, far more than an OP can cover. A number of documentaries have been made and books written on the incident. Below is just a few facts and short clips to give you an idea of what happened.

Brief rundown of undisputed facts: On Feb 28 the ATF attempted to execute a search warrant on the Branch Davidian compound, the home of a religious cult. A shootout ensued, with several killed on either side. Agents fired countless rounds into the facility from a distance, despite knowing it was home to dozens of women and children. A 51-day siege followed, with a number of Davidians leaving during this period. On April 19 the federal agencies sent in tanks and lobbed in tear-gas. A fire broke out and 76 men, women and children died. Subsequently two FBI agents were fired, then rehired at a lower rank - no other enforcement officers were penalised for what had happened.

Nearly a year later, a jury would acquit 11 Branch Davidians of murder in the shootout, convicting five of voluntary manslaughter instead. "The federal government was absolutely out of control there," forewoman Sarah Bain said. "We spoke in the jury room about the fact that the wrong people were on trial, that it should have been the ones who planned the raid and orchestrated it and insisted on carrying out the plan who should have been on trial."
http://articles.latimes.com/1999/sep/26/news/mn-14203/2

That piece from the LA times is illuminating. As is this piece from the NY Times. And this piece from PBS.

Here are just a few short clips which are worth viewing:

Former Clinton aide Dick Morris speaking about Clinton's Attorney General Janet Reno.

Footage of the initial raid, subsequent siege, and concluding massacre.

Footage of a tank which seems to be igniting the fire on April 19.

The Great Prophet's bit about the Waco siege.

I remember this. I must say that I believed everything I was told by commercial media.I believe very little now.

if they wanted to save lives..

Wow, I have never seen or heard of this before. Interesting........................

Another thing to look at when I get home :thumbsu:

Good thread Buddah, this was a fascinsting case. Theres a youtube video called what really happened and why about this one but i hasn't seen it yet.

I can't see the stuff you posted on my nokia phone sorry buy can you tell me what the conspiracy/coverup was i thought the government basically botched this one but pretty much admitted to it? like they acted rrrreeeaaaallll bad but there was no coverup, right?

Also this is related to the oklahoma bonbing somehow, not sure if u know that or not

Cheers!

then theres the oklahoma city bombing angle. right as pressure was mounting about wether the FBI may have used grenades which were known to have flammable components Timothy Mcveigh a man who supposedly supported the Waco victims (even visiting the ranch on more then one occasion during the stand off) parks a bomb full of explosives next to a federal building and kills a bunch of people.

2 years two the day as a matter of fact. further more the very documents that may have shed light on on to what grenades were used in waco were allegedly being stored in the murrah building, the same building Mcveigh blew up. Not until 1999 (long after the outrage of waco had died) were copies the documents re-discovered by the FBI, these documents finally admitted that gas grenades with incendiary elements were used in the raid

One of the few traditional "conspiracy theories" I actually believe is immediately compelling. The ATF have a poor history when it comes to accountability and oversight, see gun trafficking to cartels in Mexico.

From the 50's onwards, the US government, but especially federal law enforcement agencies have taken a very hard line when it comes to self determining communities or spiritual movements.

Partly this stems from Mccarthyism and the legacy of the FBI under Hoover. Partly this is from experience, see domestic acts of terrorism and mass murder/suicide. Partly because the state is actually very heavy handed when it comes to grassroots competition in cultural or ideological alternatives, to the dominant paradigm. Off grid living and genuine self determination or removing yourself from the tax/debt cycle, has triggered plenty of examples of very harsh, punitive responses. Even innocuous stuff like food sharing co ops regularly receive harassment from ol uncle Sam.

However, it is usually the vocal-ness of the individuals or groups which I think partly inspires the response.

Reno lied and both agencies are on record lying about a number of aspects involved in the siege and in particular the response.

My recollections on this are that the ATF and other government agencies F'd up completely, basically murdering innocent people by trying to burn them out and firing randomly into the compound.

The accountability by the Law for those responsible (the ATF) was a sham. Don't the majority of people believe this though, even if justice didn't prevail, or is this one time where i am on the CT'ers side without even realising it!

The interesting thing about the Waco story is there was very little cover up other than the obvious lie that the davidians torched the compound (torching was quite obviously done by the military tanks).

In the final days the women and children hid in a bunker near the kitchen area and the Fed agent running the show was bragging on international news (at the time) that they were going to break into the bunker area and fill the room up with cyanide. The corpse of the children were grossly deformed as a result of the cyanide poisoning.

Anyway the point is that the cover up was minimal, the majority of the public went along with this mass murder.

I urge everyone to watch the Waco seige and educate yourselves on what actually happened. This was a blatant attack on American citizens in order to scare the s**t out of the public into submission.... The public happily went along with it. I was aghast when i saw the news excerpt of the Fed agent bragging about poisoning the women and children with cyanide. Outrageous that the majority accepted that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The interesting thing about the Waco story is there was very little cover up other than the obvious lie that the davidians torched the compound (torching was quite obviously done by the military tanks).

In the final days the women and children hid in a bunker near the kitchen area and the Fed agent running the show was bragging on international news (at the time) that they were going to break into the bunker area and fill the room up with cyanide. The corpse of the children were grossly deformed as a result of the cyanide poisoning.

Anyway the point is that the cover up was minimal, the majority of the public went along with this mass murder.

I urge everyone to watch the Waco seige and educate yourselves on what actually happened. This was a blatant attack on American citizens in order to scare the s**t out of the public into submission.... The public happily went along with it. I was aghast when i saw the news excerpt of the Fed agent bragging about poisoning the women and children with cyanide. Outrageous that the majority accepted that.

Troubling and bizarre

I just watched the series on sbs. Depressing af and I already knew the govt killed them and covered it up.

Argggh! I dont even recommend watching this as it is too upsetting.

I just watched the series on sbs. Depressing af and I already knew the govt killed them and covered it up.

Argggh! I dont even recommend watching this as it is too upsetting.
By law they did nothing wrong. The dangerous cult thing was just crap but PNP and Busted will make up some story to tell it differently!

then theres the oklahoma city bombing angle. right as pressure was mounting about wether the FBI may have used grenades which were known to have flammable components Timothy Mcveigh a man who supposedly supported the Waco victims (even visiting the ranch on more then one occasion during the stand off) parks a bomb full of explosives next to a federal building and kills a bunch of people.

Ruby Ridge siege in 1992 bought a lot of attention on law authorities in standoff situations. McVeigh had empathy with those that were trying to live their lives outside of the "Government/Law society" but being "harassed" by the Government/Law. As a returned veteran he felt let down by the Government.

You're correct in that he visited the Waco compound as the siege was unfolding, I believe that McVeigh made up his mind after the deaths that he was going to bomb a US Federal Building. I don't think it had much to do with pressure mounting on the FBI.

You also need to remember that Ted Kaczynski (Unabomber) went on his most serious bombing campaign 4 months after Waco. He like McVeigh was extremely anti-government and whilst not actively targeting Government his manifesto that was printed in 95 was extremely anti authority.

I've often been surprised that links haven't been made between Ruby Ridge/WACO and the Unabomber recommencing his campaign after 6 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back