1995-2005 Aussie Indie/Alt/Rock/Metal/Punk goodies

Remove this Banner Ad

kfc1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 27, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Post your nearly forgotten gems or classics from this era. Here is a few to get us started:

(2007 but really they belong in this era)

Have Love Of Diagrams been going that long? Time flies. One of my favourites.

Have Love Of Diagrams been going that long? Time flies. One of my favourites.
Check this epic band out then if you aren't aware of them already, Monika used to drum for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like going visiting this evening
On the rooftops of North Carlton
While the suburb is asleep...

God I miss those days...90s was the decade of the guitar and good music, it was really exciting back when actual bands were borderline mainstream..
There is nothing like it now in the mainstream at all...Which is kind of depressing..

Frontier Psychiatrist is a classic!

Here is the documentary of the Avalanches recording the album in 98/99...if you've never seen it...

It's a shame that most of the band have moved on. Robbie and Tony are still mixing the second album the last I heard. Darren unfortunately left the group. He was probably equal band leader with Robbie back then.
After Darren kept breaking his legs on stage the band stopped playing live and became more of a 3 piece DJ set. But they just never got it together for a follow up...maybe too much pressure to create an album on par with SILY and that synthesis of the original members not quite the same??

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back