1996 - 2002 The Good Days

Remove this Banner Ad

He was the last "nugget" of the Hart Foundation left after the Screwjob and was still at war with DX. The Nation, who were also at war with DX, took him under their wing. He was white, but he didn't care.
He wasn't a nugget !!!! He was a BLACKHART , dammit !!!!!
:D

B/c he wasn't able to get out of his contract, and Vince wouldn't let him leave. Shame we never really got the HBK-Owen blowoff match to that fued

It's an injustice that Owen never got a world title run. Then again it was hard to picture him as world champ during his obnoxious heel days compared to his more serious, fan favourite brother, Bret.

It's an injustice that Owen never got a world title run. Then again it was hard to picture him as world champ during his obnoxious heel days compared to his more serious, fan favourite brother, Bret.
He could of got the belt in 1994. He could of got a chance for the belt in December 1997 after the screw job.

Hell if he was Still alive, he might of got a short run with the WWF belt in around September 1999-December 1999 as the belts switched hands a fair bit In 1999.

Was completely checked out for 2007 and 2008. Didn't even watch WrestleMania those years. July 2005 was when I stopped watching anything regularly (came back in 2009 and for good in 2010). There was a bit of fatigue involved. Today isn't the Attitude Era but it's certainly different. 2005 had a tired facsimile feel to what had come before. Reads like people in this thread were feeling it in 2007.

Last edited:
Doing the Attitude Era rewatch, there's a Raw in December 1997/January 1998 that ends with Owen Hart beating up Shawn Michaels and leaving him laying on the mat. Two minutes later after Owen escapes through the crowd HBK is up standing on the turnbuckle :$

Very True on this one, theres so much predictable outcomes nowadays, and evvvverything has been done before, they cant possibly do anything new.

Id love to see TNA on foxtel, not just the mainevents (Which are on a 4 week delay)

Also like to see ROH and NJPW on Foxtel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geeez, i cant even pull myself to watch the s**t they dish up nowadays

Just thinking of the names like Hogan, Sting, Total Package (Lugar), Scott Steiner, Hall, Nash, Bagwell, X-Pac, Goldberg, Shawn Micheals (In prime), Mike Awesome, Kronik, Even Lesnar

I can go on forever, the gimmicks, the storylines were 2000 times better

i am convinced wrestling grew out of me apposed to I grew out of wrestling, it use to appeal to the age bracket of 10 - 30, now when i switch on Raw i almost vomit what i think is aimed at 4-7 year olds

I useee to LOVE wrestling, i still do sort of, but i dont rate lashley and cena and all these guys over the guys back in the day.

Really if you think about it, the only gimmicks that have worked in the past couple of years have either been rips off from the attitude era or stuff like Dx which has been remade.

The main man was Vince Russo and he knew what he was doing, also there was compitition between companies, not one company that owns them all.

Have a look at the creativity going on now, Jimmy Wang Yang, Lashley (Lesnar rip off), Countless s**t tag teams that seem to be debuting every week

I tell ya what, and if you dont agree your crazy wrestling was really 10 times better yesteryear

That I agree with. When I first got into wrestling you had the original hart foundation, Road Warriors, the British Bulldogs, Demoltion, the Killer Bees, The Rock’N’Roll Express, the Midnight Rockers, Doom(Ron Simmonds and Butch Reed), Strike Force among many others. Now tag team wrestling isn’t a priority. The revival, the club, now possibly AOP, are just being wasted. Their are no secondary feuds to the title, a lot like the women. The tags teams unless they are fighting for the title just have nothing to do.

The only people that get decent storylines now; are Roman, Seth, Braun, AJ, Orton, Cena, Undertaker, Brock, Stephanie, HHH, Shane and Vince. The rest of the roster just gets the sloppy seconds. I remember how Savage drove the bell into Steamboats throat, kick starting that rivalry. How the JYD refused to bow to Harley Race. Even the feuds would go on for a year, like the free birds vs the von Erich’s. Yes I too remember the good old days.

Another thing which was better, was the commentary, guys like Bobby Heehan, Jesse Ventura, Vince McMahon , jim Ross, Gorrila Monsoon .

As "Stone Cold", he was primarily "just a brawler" who did show good wrestling ability esp vs Bret Hart. As "Stunning Steve Austin", he was a great wrestler.

Agree with everything you said. Hollywood Blondes were great tag team to watch. His matches with the dragon for the us title was also a great set of matches.

Yeah and he got far with the "Stunning" routine didn't he.:rolleyes:

The stunning routine led him to ECW, where he began to shoot more. Which then led to the ringmaster gimmick with the WWE. Which finally transcended to the stone cold gimmick. So I think the Stunning routine worked perfectly for him.

I'm not sure if 2002 should be considered to be part of the "good days" when an angle like this happened...

katievick-1465724900-800.jpg

I'm not sure if 2002 should be considered to be part of the "good days" when an angle like this happened...

katievick-1465724900-800.jpg

HHH really wanted a hardcore match with with her, but Vince said he was too soft.
HHH did say she was rather stiff to work with.

That I agree with. When I first got into wrestling you had the original hart foundation, Road Warriors, the British Bulldogs, Demoltion, the Killer Bees, The Rock’N’Roll Express, the Midnight Rockers, Doom(Ron Simmonds and Butch Reed), Strike Force among many others. Now tag team wrestling isn’t a priority. The revival, the club, now possibly AOP, are just being wasted. Their are no secondary feuds to the title, a lot like the women. The tags teams unless they are fighting for the title just have nothing to do.

The only people that get decent storylines now; are Roman, Seth, Braun, AJ, Orton, Cena, Undertaker, Brock, Stephanie, HHH, Shane and Vince. The rest of the roster just gets the sloppy seconds. I remember how Savage drove the bell into Steamboats throat, kick starting that rivalry. How the JYD refused to bow to Harley Race. Even the feuds would go on for a year, like the free birds vs the von Erich’s. Yes I too remember the good old days.

Another thing which was better, was the commentary, guys like Bobby Heehan, Jesse Ventura, Vince McMahon , jim Ross, Gorrila Monsoon .

* yeah
The freebies, the midnight rockers, the midnight express.
Bobby eaton doing that top rope legdrop

When feuds were feuds

Another thing which was better, was the commentary, guys like Bobby Heenan, Jesse Ventura, Vince McMahon , jim Ross, Gorrila Monsoon .

How dare you! Heenan was a Broadcast Journalist Monsoon! Providing valued incite and the truth on Hulk Hogan, not simple commentary like the other Ham 'n Eggers on the panel.

Commentary! Will you please!
;):D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back