Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
View attachment 1112778

Just saw this and thought you might be able to find it on here mate
I’ve been on the lookout for a recording of that version of the song for a long time. Bought a few old CDs and cassettes off ebay over the years hoping for the best. Sadly that cassette was just the current version of the song.

PCORF

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’ve been on the lookout for a recording of that version of the song for a long time. Bought a few old CDs and cassettes off ebay over the years hoping for the best. Sadly that cassette was just the current version of the song.
The current version of the song was introduced in 1997. Awesome cassette!

Nate37

Debutant
Nov 8, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Subiaco Lions, North Adelaide
I can't find any evidence that this song was played outside of the 1997 grand final. Can't hear it in the background of any other old games on YouTube and the current song was also recorded in 1997. It might've been a once-off for the grand final

PCORF

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
I can't find any evidence that this song was played outside of the 1997 grand final. Can't hear it in the background of any other old games on YouTube and the current song was also recorded in 1997. It might've been a once-off for the grand final
The song was also played in the 1998GF. If Adelaide did not fail in those 2005 and 2006 preliminary finals, I believe they would have played that song in the GF as well.

Nate37

Debutant
Nov 8, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Subiaco Lions, North Adelaide
The song was also played in the 1998GF. If Adelaide did not fail in those 2005 and 2006 preliminary finals, I believe they would have played that song in the GF as well.
Apparently the club doesn't have a copy of the song anymore. Surprising if the song was still being used as late as 2005/06

Remove this Banner Ad