1997 Theme Song

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1112778

Just saw this and thought you might be able to find it on here mate

I’ve been on the lookout for a recording of that version of the song for a long time. Bought a few old CDs and cassettes off ebay over the years hoping for the best. Sadly that cassette was just the current version of the song.

I’ve been on the lookout for a recording of that version of the song for a long time. Bought a few old CDs and cassettes off ebay over the years hoping for the best. Sadly that cassette was just the current version of the song.

The current version of the song was introduced in 1997. Awesome cassette!

I can't find any evidence that this song was played outside of the 1997 grand final. Can't hear it in the background of any other old games on YouTube and the current song was also recorded in 1997. It might've been a once-off for the grand final

I can't find any evidence that this song was played outside of the 1997 grand final. Can't hear it in the background of any other old games on YouTube and the current song was also recorded in 1997. It might've been a once-off for the grand final

The song was also played in the 1998GF. If Adelaide did not fail in those 2005 and 2006 preliminary finals, I believe they would have played that song in the GF as well.

The song was also played in the 1998GF. If Adelaide did not fail in those 2005 and 2006 preliminary finals, I believe they would have played that song in the GF as well.

Apparently the club doesn't have a copy of the song anymore. Surprising if the song was still being used as late as 2005/06

The song in question was used for many games in 1997. Oddly, the current song was used for a single game in 1997 before coming into use in 1998.
I'm currently working on remastering the song using different clips of the song and pasting them overtop of each other.
My biggest help is when the 5AA broadcast of the 1997 GF was uploaded and obtaining a VHS tape of the 1997 GF just for the song as they played it on repeat like 4 times after the game and again after the presentation. I have one restoration attempt uploaded but I'm trying again as an incomplete but higher quality clip was found.

Apparently the club doesn't have a copy of the song anymore. Surprising if the song was still being used as late as 2005/06
I actually emailed the MCG to see if they still had the copy of the 1997 crows song that was used after games but they didn't have it. I did the same thing with The Gabba for the bears song and they said the CD used to play the song was given back to the club for the next game and they didn't have it. Sad, especially for the people who spent their time and money making and recording the music only for it to be lost.

I actually emailed the MCG to see if they still had the copy of the 1997 crows song that was used after games but they didn't have it. I did the same thing with The Gabba for the bears song and they said the CD used to play the song was given back to the club for the next game and they didn't have it. Sad, especially for the people who spent their time and money making and recording the music only for it to be lost.

Considering the pivotal role history and tradition plays in any football club, it’s staggering that nobody had the foresight to archive this stuff.

Especially considering that song was played after the club’s only two premierships.

Considering the pivotal role history and tradition plays in any football club, it’s staggering that nobody had the foresight to archive this stuff.

Especially considering that song was played after the club’s only two premierships.

Back in the 90's everything was about the future. There wasn't a lot of nostalgia like there is today. In terms of footy clubs though you'd like to think it was different but I guess not. I suppose for us we were new and there wasn't really an air of "people will want this stuff in 20 years time", or anybody really thinking about archiving things for a 7 year old club.

I can see a lot of this stuff just getting turfed because they upgraded to something newer and couldn't be bothered storing or archiving it at a time when things weren't digital. The club probably thought it was like keeping a DVD after you'd bought the Bluray.

But you're right, with people like Bill Sanders around who was heavily involved in the song and everything relating to our inception it's odd that no one thought to just hang on to things like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bill Sanders is credited as the songwriter
Found this Discogs listing- track 4 is Pride of South Australia. Most likely just the current song but you never know
I have that CD, can confirm it has "we're known as the Adelaide Crows".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back