Review 1st Elimination Final, 2019: Werribee v Box Hill Hawks, 1 September 2019, 2.10pm @ North Port Oval

AlwaysHawks15

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Box Hill are a dry weather team. They get pushed aside like tooth picks in these conditions because were not big enough. Have seen us play a handful of times this year and we are nowhere near the level we were last year. A lot of soft passengers in this team that rely on others to do the heavy lifting.

Sleutheren

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Getting taught a lesson on how to play contested footy.

Sent from my HMA-L29 using Tapatalk

GrumpyOldFart

Cancelled
Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2020 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2020 Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2019 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2019 Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2018 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2018 Hawthorn Hawks - Kaiden Brand Player Sponsor 2018 Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - Kaiden Brand Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - Jermaine Miller-Lewis, Alex Woodward, Kaiden Brand Player Sponsor 2016 Hawthorn Hawks - Alex Woodward, Jed Anderson and Jermaine Miller-Lewis Player Sponsor 2015 Hawthorn Hawks - Lowden, Anderson, Woodward Player Sponsor 2014 Hawthorn Hawks - Box Hill 2013 Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Lowden, Anderson, Woodward Player Sponsor 2013 Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2012 Player Sponsor
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks, Croydon Rangers
Box Hill trying to play dry weather footy after the mother of all storms. NFI. Just hopeless.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sleutheren

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Had some things to do today but I was able to put some time aside to watch the second half of this game.
Any chance I could see a goal, Hawks?

Sent from my HMA-L29 using Tapatalk

So the high ball gameplan yet again fails in a final. Winning percentage of 0% at both levels, including a goalless second half today... but I'm still 100% sure it will win Hawthorn a premiership.

Far too many robotic-to-the-structure players that can't or won't adapt to variable changes that affect the quality/effectiveness of the gameplan structures.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
There were a number of hawthorn listed players that wont be playing for hawthorn next year and they knew that before this game. Lets just leave it at that

That could only be miles mirra and pittonet, and I didnt think they were that bad

Oh i forgot trades

Last edited:
Werribee3.3-214.3-2710.7-6712.9-81
Box Hill Hawks1.0-65.5-355.7-375.10-40

WERRIBEE
Goal Kickers: J. Bennett 3, T. House 2, M. Munro 2, J. Maishman, M. Hanson, K. Declase, J. Henderson, L. Pinnuck
Best Players: D. Nielson, T. Gribble, D. Brew, M. Hanson, N. Coughlan, J. Bennett
BOX HILL HAWKS
Goal Kickers: J. Koschitzke 2, O. Hanrahan, L. Meadows, V. Adduci
Best Players: J. Cousins, O. Hanrahan, D. Mirra, L. Meadows, K. Brand, S. Horner

A very disappointing way to end the season. At half time when I observed the black clouds heading towards the ground I thought we would struggle against the bigger bodied strong contesting Werribee players however I didn't count on our poor positioning in the windy conditions and our even poorer decision making and ball use which resulted in an 8 goals 6 behinds to 5 behinds belting in the second half. Hanrahan had a very good first quarter playing in the midfield and yet he played deep forward in the third quarter when we needed to have someone to kick the ball forward. Looking at the first year players I thought Koschitzke again showed some good signs and Greaves defended well in the one on one contests. Golds received a heavy knock in the first quarter, Walker was consistently bodied out of the marking contests and Reeves was very quiet apart from a few very good hit outs to advantage.

Back