VFL 1st Elimination Final - Collingwood vs Essendon at North Port Oval (Pies lost 80-114 #SeasonIrked)

Remove this Banner Ad

Season stats

pVYGBu4.png

Jok had more hitouts and less disposals than I first thought. Compare his numbers to Ox and it goes to show that influence is hard to capture on a stats sheet.

Fantastic effort by Cal Brown. Hopefully it gives him some good momentum for his next pre-season.

Jok had more hitouts and less disposals than I first thought. Compare his numbers to Ox and it goes to show that influence is hard to capture on a stats sheet.

Fantastic effort by Cal Brown. Hopefully it gives him some good momentum for his next pre-season.

I thought Oxley wasn't as bad as some here projected. Was among our best AFL listed players. I actually thought the clubs best pretty much got the top 6 right. I likely would have shuffled the order with Jok (only genuine 4 quarter effort whereas Brown and Woodward had quieter periods) getting BOG. Josh Smith arguably lucky to get 6th which probably says more about how the rest performed than that his game merited 6th.

I thought Oxley wasn't as bad as some here projected. Was among our best AFL listed players. I actually thought the clubs best pretty much got the top 6 right. I likely would have shuffled the order with Jok (only genuine 4 quarter effort whereas Brown and Woodward had quieter periods) getting BOG. Josh Smith arguably lucky to get 6th which probably says more about how the rest performed than that his game merited 6th.

Oxley wasn't terrible, but from memory he found a lot of ball across the middle of the ground but was lost at sea in the defensive 50. I agree that he gets a hard time on this board.

Really though, my point about misleading stats was more about Jok's influence than Oxley's lack of it. Great game from TJ.

Oxley wasn't terrible, but from memory he found a lot of ball across the middle of the ground but was lost at sea in the defensive 50. I agree that he gets a hard time on this board.

Really though, my point about misleading stats was more about Jok's influence than Oxley's lack of it. Great game from TJ.

Yeah, terrific that he stood up in a final as our 23rd player. Shame a few more senior players couldn't have done the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back