VFL 1st Elimination Final - Collingwood vs Essendon at North Port Oval (Pies lost 80-114 #SeasonIrked)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is McLarty in danger of being delisted? I haven't seen a lot of VFL this year but the games i have caught he seems to be a pretty limited player.

If gets de-listed then you could just about de-list everyone in the VFL Side.

McLarty Consistentcy needs improvment.

His Best is Very Good but his worse he is Useless

I must admit that I found it interesting that we played Madgen and Oxley but not Murphy as far as next week’s selections go.

Murphy is Clearly better then those 2

While it's not uncommon to see our players at the VFL it was good to see another large player contingent on hand to support our VFL side today. DeGoey, Wells, Pendlebury, Adams, Aish, Dunn, Mayne, Reid, Sidebottom, Thomas, Kirby, Murphy and Wills were the players I seen amongst the crowd. McGuire and Buckley were also about. Anyone spot other CFC players?

If gets de-listed then you could just about de-list everyone in the VFL Side.

McLarty Consistentcy needs improvment.

His Best is Very Good but his worse he is Useless
McLarty's positioning and body work were poor today. He needs to play more like the big lump of a lad he is and at this level he should be bullying smaller opponents. Instead today he was often out marked or spoiled. A bit more physicality would have seen him take more grabs and have a bigger influence.

Playing McLarty (and Lynch) forward and then bombing the ball at them just let Francis practice his marking!

Mind you he HAS been doing exactly the same thing in the seniors against far more experienced opponents than our two young lads

images.jpg

Paddy Ryder looked a bit like McLarty I reckon.
We had a seconds side playing 15 senior players today. McLarty looked a bit tired towards the end, but then he had a few mates!

While it's not uncommon to see our players at the VFL it was good to see another large player contingent on hand to support our VFL side today. DeGoey, Wells, Pendlebury, Adams, Aish, Dunn, Mayne, Reid, Sidebottom, Thomas, Kirby, Murphy and Wills were the players I seen amongst the crowd. McGuire and Buckley were also about. Anyone spot other CFC players?
Good news on Pendlebury being there. He certainly wouldn't have been if he was too sick.

Moore needs a month in the VFL to test his hamstrings which he won't get so I can't see why or how we would risk him

I think we need to take that risk. If not next week then the 2nd final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moore needs a month in the VFL to test his hamstrings which he won't get so I can't see why or how we would risk him
We've got a double chance. Roll the dice. Treloar, Howe and Moore straight in. If their bodies hold up, I think we have a genuine chance of a flag. I can't see us winning it without them.

I also saw Mihocek.

On another note if we need a FB cheap for 2019, Michael Hartley looked pretty good today...why not him?

Serious question for the folks who watched that ...

... do you think we had any intention of winning that game?
giphy-downsized.gif

We barely turned up today, unfortunately. Essendon played well all over the ground and we struggled to find a single winner, with the exceptions of Cal Brown's first half and Jok's efforts across the day. I think we did well to still be in the game going into the last quarter.

It's unfair to isolate any single player today: they were ordinary as a team. A shame to end the season on that note, but that's footy.

How is the Blond Guy in Middle?

Recognise him but Name can't come to Mind
The tall blond at the back is Justin Crow. Was later a runner and rehab co-ordinator with us and has been in similar/more advanced roles with Essendon since 2011.

Rear Row Left to Right: Adam Hough (Runner), Salesi Uhi, Heath Lawry, Justin Crow, Steve Eichner, Luke Jarrad, Adam Butler, Wayne Taylor (Assistant Coach).

Centre Row Left to Right: Luke Theodore, Leigh Sheehan, Clint Runnalls, Scott Ralph, Brendon Hollow, Terry Knight, Kurt Gowers, Luke Mullins.

Front Row Left to Right: Tom Hill, Aaron Ramsay, Matthew Pearce, Anthony Eames (Coach), Ben Kelly (Co-Captain), Clint Rippon, Scott Taylor.

Absent: Trevor Monti (President), Matthew Cape (Co-Captain), Nick McArdle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back