Game Day 1st Elimination Final: West Coast Vs Essendon

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Stupidest questions ever at Simpsons presser
Last night on AFL Tonight, Julian DeStoop asked Simmo "how confident are you of getting Tim Kelly". Simmo pretty much gave it to him.

Then tonight, Pav asks Gov who he'd prefer to play out of Collingwood and Geelong.

Surely you've got to be better than that.

MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
I’ll put my hand up and say I wasn’t very happy with the initial trade to get Jetta to us from Sydney. Definitely thought he was overrated and had the one good year at Sydney. Firmly and deservedly eating my shoe now. Love that incredible man
I'll admit that I had my doubts at first. Fast but dis-interested at times. Floated in and out of games. Like a quick Josh Hill. Truly turned it around by moving to HBF and has actually got better and better.

What has impressed me most over the past 2-3 years has been the step up in leadership. He seems to be the undisputed mentor to each and every indigenous guy we draft. And how valuable is that.

ME ME ME

Senior List
Sep 23, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Scott Lycett probably wished he stayed. Now Tom Hickey is thriving, though the only blunder he made was missing an easy goal from a set shot from 25m out

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Somewhere over the past few years Schofield has learnt how to spin out of trouble rather than into trouble.

I don't want to go early and say it's Illuminati, but it's been directly proportional to his hair loss.
On the money there, a safer bet than Knights templar or reptilians or god forbid, alien intervention, although there is a certain cleanskin similarity?

May 28, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Rams, Lakers, Rabbitohs
Liam Ryan's best ever game? He was unbelievable last night. Love watching him and Rioli go to work. Naitanui just does some amazing things for a big man.
While A Dogs supporter is here I must say I love seeing what Bailey Dale has been doing recently. Bloke has been tearing it up!

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
What are the odds it happens in an innocent finals intensity incident and the media jump all over it calling for suspensions to our players, changing of rules, and accuse us of being unsportsmanlike?

I was close. It wasn't the Hurley shoulder but they found something to be outraged about. Bless our predictable AFL media ❤️

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
Well we got the easy bruise free win we needed.Essendon were s##t but who cares they gave us a nice little confidence booster.JK and Barass played into form,Jetta was REALLY good;geez hes a slippery bastard! I was a bit peed at the West saying Hickey was poor.I thought he did lots of good little things which tho' not in the stats added up.Is there a better spot up kicker than Ryan? Clean as a whistle that bloke!.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Bit kranky hey Al?
Nope got gloriously drunk at the game - went to the brass monkey - they had the footy replay on the bottom screen and cricket on top - drank red wine and shooters till two

Im hurty and manky

But definitely not kranky

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
I second the talk about Jetta and his leadership

He has taken our young indigenous boys under his wing and they have thrived. When he talks, those guys listen. Clearly there is a lot of respect there

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast

He has taken our young indigenous boys under his wing and they have thrived. When he talks, those guys listen. Clearly there is a lot of respect there

Seems to be well respected amongst all the indigenous players (from other teams) also. They always seek him out after the game for a chat (I'm guessing he had some leadership role or just took one on at the pre-season camp that all teams' indigenous players attend).

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth

Seems to be well respected amongst all the indigenous players (from other teams) also. They always seek him out after the game for a chat (I'm guessing he had some leadership role or just took one on at the pre-season camp that all teams' indigenous players attend).

Should get ben cousins under his wing

Sort his life out and we can bring them both on optus oval and the whole crowd sing benny and the jetts

Back