1st ODI Australia v New Zealand @ the SCG 13 March 1400hrs AEDT

Blue Arrow

Club Legend
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The Renegades, Vics
Not even a contest in the end. Warner & Finch laying a solid foundation at the start was a great move, good coaching. Also good to see our bowling attack performing when Starc has an ordinary game.

Vegeta

Club Legend
Jul 10, 2015
New Zealand
Other Teams
Black Caps, FC Barcelona & Warriors
If we can get over this mental block and find our balls, we can still win this series.

Aus don't look a good team and don't look like a team who can put up big scores.

Jamieson in for Sodhi next game.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Carey needs to play some cricket in longer forms of the game. For the past 2 years, all he's pretty much done is play limited over cricket and it's showing how it's detracted from his batting. I saw a similar thing with Rod Marsh. A good solid batsman prior to WSC, but when he began playing a surfeit of one dayers, his batting fell right away. They need chances to play longer innings, but our stupid scheduling doesn't allow for it.

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
Pitch looked a bit tricky both innings, ball stayed low quite a bit in the first innings, but then Cummins/Starc were able to get some pretty decent bounce out of it. Run scoring was difficult, and there was a looooot of turn; Satner's dismissal of Finch was not an ODI spinner dismissal outside of India/Sr Lanka.

Only gunna be harder to score in tomorrow’s game...if it goes ahead

Carey needs to play some cricket in longer forms of the game. For the past 2 years, all he's pretty much done is play limited over cricket and it's showing how it's detracted from his batting. I saw a similar thing with Rod Marsh. A good solid batsman prior to WSC, but when he began playing a surfeit of one dayers, his batting fell right away. They need chances to play longer innings, but our stupid scheduling doesn't allow for it.
Five years in a row of facing the West Indian pace attack zeroing in on his head didn't do his batting too many favours either.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Just heard on the news that the Black Caps are returning back to NZ tonight, the two remaining ODIs have been scrapped along with the T20 series in NZ.

Yep, NZ closing up at midnight tomorrow so anyone who returns from overseas is subject to mandatory 14 day isolation period so they’re going home now.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
They’re using called off and postponed interchangeably, so who knows if they will be rescheduled?

I could be off the mark here - but from what I can understand the Sydney and Hobart matches are "cancelled", while the series in NZ is "postponed".

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I could be off the mark here - but from what I can understand the Sydney and Hobart matches are "cancelled", while the series in NZ is "postponed".
Nope.

From Cricino.

The NZC said they hoped both the Chappell-Hadlee ODI series - which began Australia winning the opening match by 71 runs - and the T20I series could be rearranged for a later date".

Back