1st ODI | Australia vs India @ SCG (13:20 local)

Remove this Banner Ad

Glenn Maxwell's averages per position

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 12.38.10 pm.png

Has scored 4 x 50's since Jan 2016 from 28 innings @ 27. Batting at 5-7.

Obviously stats especially in ODIs can be deceiving considering he might have come in late and expected to score heavily, but im far from convinced Maxwell has done enough or is suited to batting at 4.

Or Geoff Marsh upping the pace in the last couple of overs as his century beckons.
The good ol' days where 50 in the first 15 overs was considered a really good start.

I remember Tim Zoehrer opening once and going 'nuts' and we reached 50 in 10 overs. How times have changed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's my problem with Maxwell at 7. We are gonna be 4- 180 of 40 overs and they will expect Stoinis and Maxwell to rescue the innings by scoring 25 ball 50s cold. One of stoinis or Maxwell should be in now getting some bat on ball before they have to launch.

Not sure mate. Remember when he and McKay best the poms in 9 down needing 50 to win. Batted number 8 aswell. What a star

I agree about giving Stoinis or Maxwell more time. They are not just sloggers.

If it is the game that I’m thinking of. The bowling in that game was the worst death bowling ever. Faulkner was allowed to free his arms and swing ball at every ball.

Yep the Australian gold will always be a better kit than the dark green rubbish.
It might be unfounded but I heard that one of the reasons they went to those green uniforms was the Commonwealth Bank felt their logo would be lost on a yellow background.

Plus reliable high-speed Internet connection.

Plus devices/adapters to watch.

Plus free time when the games are on.

It doesn't all just come down to the price of the service.

Bolded is one of the big advantages of Kayo I'm finding. Every game archived to watch whenever you want (with the exception of NFL games which seem to limit archiving due to their own service).

And they put up shortened versions of BBL games and Test days that are great for a quick 30 min catch up at night.

I agree about giving Stoinis or Maxwell more time. They are not just sloggers.

If it is the game that I’m thinking of. The bowling in that game was the worst death bowling ever. Faulkner was allowed to free his arms and swing ball at every ball.

Yeah the poms crumbled big time. Alot of length deliveries Faulkner was able to mow over midwicket but he also picked the right balls aswell. Was an incredible innings and one of the best ever in an ODI

Remove this Banner Ad

Back