1st ODI | Australia vs India @ SCG (13:20 local)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't even have a problem with Carey a bunch of people just attacked my post which was never ment to be about him. My main issue was that Khawaja Handscomb and Marsh who are all horrifically out of form are batting before Maxwell

Some players are suited to bat in certain positions due to the fielding restrictions. With fielders out on the boundary, id back Maxwell and Stoinis to clear the ropes more than Carey.

if you select Khawaja, Handscomb and Marsh - theyre really not suited to be going in after Maxwell or batting in overs 35-50.

Usman picking up where he left off in the Test Matches, Eating dot balls and putting pressure on his batting partners by not rotating the strike
We are 2/51 and he has 16 of 27. We are 12 overs down. What do you expect? With S Marsh there he will be looking to anchor the innings for the next 15-20 overs whilst Marsh spends more time attaching. This is actually a perfect combination right now.

Usman picking up where he left off in the Test Matches, Eating dot balls and putting pressure on his batting partners by not rotating the strike
His entire career in a nutshell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't even have a problem with Carey a bunch of people just attacked my post which was never ment to be about him. My main issue was that Khawaja Handscomb and Marsh who are all horrifically out of form are batting before Maxwell
You included Carey as well.

You're contradicting yourself.
You said Carey isn't an opener in one post and then said he's only
been opening for a year.

I think you’ll find Marsh will be far more suites to this format. Handscomb I am not sold on.

gee it's a long tail. but i suppose were experimenting this series, so it doesn't really matter.

Some players are suited to bat in certain positions due to the fielding restrictions. With fielders out on the boundary, id back Maxwell and Stoinis to clear the ropes more than Carey.

if you select Khawaja, Handscomb and Marsh - theyre really not suited to be going in after Maxwell or batting in overs 35-50.
Mate you don't need to patronize me by explaining I've been watching ODI cricket for a long time. My issue is that they have picked Finch Carey Khawaja Marsh Handscomb. 3 of those batsmen have just been dropped for poor form and Khawaja lucky not to be.

I'm fine with Carey opening, but after a summer of blokes out of form we pick 4 of them in our top 6. Why not freshen up the side? Why the * is Handscomb in the side?
Our failed test line up has just been dropped into the one day side.

No point Maxwell and Stoinis coming in when we are 4-180 off 40 overs. This Indian side makes 300 for fun

His entire career in a nutshell.
Do you think just because you’re playing ODI you need to score a run a ball when we are 2 down going at well under 5 an over? Or is it better to work into some form and chew up some time and then build into scoring more heavily which we know he can? One of his great strengths is his patience, did you watch Pujara bat over the summer?

Kayo costs 25 bucks a month people, if you can’t afford that you seriously need to evaluate how you budget your money.

Maybe it’s a principle issue too. My dad is 82, retired and lives comfortably. He could afford $25 but he shouldn’t have to. ODIs should be on FTA.

Mate you don't need to patronize me by explaining I've been watching ODI cricket for a long time. My issue is that they have picked Finch Carey Khawaja Marsh Handscomb. 3 of those batsmen have just been dropped for poor form and Khawaja lucky not to be.

I'm fine with Carey opening, but after a summer of blokes out of form we pick 4 of them in our top 6. Why not freshen up the side? Why the **** is Handscomb in the side?
Our failed test line up has just been dropped into the one day side.

No point Maxwell and Stoinis coming in when we are 4-180 off 40 overs. This Indian side makes 300 for fun
I beg your pardon? I wasnt patronising you at all.

You are constantly changing your opinion - Now you're saying you dont have a problem with Carey opening? After this:

Um Carey is a bloody wicket keeper not an opener.
I'd have Maxwell batting 4 or at the lowest 5. 7 is ridicolous

You're arguing completely different things - your first issue was with the batting lineup. Never has a batting lineup been structured completely around form.

Im done - clearly the concepts of batting orders, particularly with ODIs are beyond you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back