1st ODI | Australia vs India @ SCG (13:20 local)

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I beg your pardon? I wasnt patronising you at all.

You are constantly changing your opinion - Now you're saying you dont have a problem with Carey opening? After this:

You're arguing completely different things - your first issue was with the batting lineup. Never has a batting lineup been structured completely around form.

Im done - clearly the concepts of batting orders, particularly with ODIs are beyond you.

Sorry did I need to write international quality opener? He's not an Australian quality opener

Do you think just because you’re playing ODI you need to score a run a ball when we are 2 down going at well under 5 an over? Or is it better to work into some form and chew up some time and then build into scoring more heavily which we know he can? One of his great strengths is his patience, did you watch Pujara bat over the summer?
Where did I say that? I'm not even sure how you came to post that.

Khawaja is a lazy cricketer that doesn't alternate the strike enough. He's far too laconic as a ODI batsman.

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mate you don't need to patronize me by explaining I've been watching ODI cricket for a long time. My issue is that they have picked Finch Carey Khawaja Marsh Handscomb. 3 of those batsmen have just been dropped for poor form and Khawaja lucky not to be.

I'm fine with Carey opening, but after a summer of blokes out of form we pick 4 of them in our top 6. Why not freshen up the side? Why the **** is Handscomb in the side?
Our failed test line up has just been dropped into the one day side.

No point Maxwell and Stoinis coming in when we are 4-180 off 40 overs. This Indian side makes 300 for fun
The ability to play a shorter format will probably allow them some more freedom to play shots, I think getting a start here can give them the confidence to really go on with it. It’s a much different format.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Usman and Marsh are boring batsmen to watch, but do hope they stay in for a while to least bank a few wickets for the remaining 10 overs at the absolute worst.

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm fine with one or 2 of them in the side but 4? Khawaja and Handscomb shouldn't be in this team. Marsh should probably be opening
Handscomb I agree with you on, Usman can score really quickly when he shakes the chains. This is the best format for Marsh.

Sigh.
https://www.cricket.com.au/news/jam...train-big-bash-brisbane-heat-bbl08/2019-01-12
Brisbane Heat have been dealt a major injury blow with star fast bowler James Pattinson ruled out of the remainder of the KFC BBL season through injury.

Pattinson suffered a side strain in Brisbane's eight-wicket loss to Melbourne Renegades at the Gabba on Thursday.

Scans yesterday confirmed the injury and Pattinson has travelled with the Heat to Melbourne for their return clash with the Renegades tomorrow in Geelong.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Do you think just because you’re playing ODI you need to score a run a ball when we are 2 down going at well under 5 an over? Or is it better to work into some form and chew up some time and then build into scoring more heavily which we know he can? One of his great strengths is his patience, did you watch Pujara bat over the summer?
Like Koala's whole career needs to hit more singles.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I beg your pardon? I wasnt patronising you at all.

You are constantly changing your opinion - Now you're saying you dont have a problem with Carey opening? After this:

You're arguing completely different things - your first issue was with the batting lineup. Never has a batting lineup been structured completely around form.

Im done - clearly the concepts of batting orders, particularly with ODIs are beyond you.

This has been one of the more frustrating discussions I've ever had on here. Carey was irrelevant to what I was posting about but you and the other bloke chose to make it the focus.

Special Agent Utah

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls/Bears Texas Rangers
We are 2/51 and he has 16 of 27. We are 12 overs down. What do you expect? With S Marsh there he will be looking to anchor the innings for the next 15-20 overs whilst Marsh spends more time attaching. This is actually a perfect combination right now.

I expect him to rotate the strike, We weren't 2/51 when he came in, he has been eating dots all summer he needs to be more proactive. If he can't rotate the strike he won't play much more ODI cricket.

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Usman and Marsh are boring batsmen to watch, but do hope they stay in for a while to least bank a few wickets for the remaining 10 overs at the absolute worst.
This is ridiculous. We’ve got a 4.5 run rate after losing both our openers. We’ve played 16 overs, what do you want them to do? Build into some form slowly or bash a few sixes around the hole out to long on?

Special Agent Utah

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls/Bears Texas Rangers

He came in at three in the power play and he simply doesn't hit enough singles, He struggles to find the gaps. He's a great cricketer but he needs to improve this badly

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
I expect him to rotate the strike, We weren't 2/51 when he came in, he has been eating dots all summer he needs to be more proactive. If he can't rotate the strike he won't play much more ODI cricket.
It’s called having wickets in the shed. We can explode in the last 25-30 overs, but right now I’ve no issues with him slowly building into it.

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Can't get too excited just yet, we'll likely need a ton from someone to win and it really has been the 'summer of starts'. One of Khawaja or Marsh to score a 100+ please with the other at least a 50.

Back