• We're number one!

Votes: 27 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
GWS is the dream match up for us. Twice this season we've proven that we have their measure, dispatching them comfortably (and the final is significant, seeing they put a serious amount of work in and we spent most of the game at 21 men).

The only difference is the ground, but is a ground worth a 35-50 point turn around? Rather unlikely.

(Not that it matters too much, I also expect Richmond to also beat them comfortably seeing I just can't picture them being any more then a losing preliminary finalist).

They’re the most talented side in the comp, they ooze class on every line. It’s easy to see how with a little wind in their sails they could be hard To catch

Mumford out forces them to put Lobb in the ruck, which sorts out the issue of their forward line being too tall

Arguably they are better balanced with Cameron and Mumford out. Or at least could be notwithstanding the quality of the outs

I’d be a little more nervous than against Richmond

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think the game against Geelong is fabscinating.

It’s the 7th prelim we’ve played (2-4) and up until now we’ve never been such clear favourites for one.

Arguably in 2006 we were slight favourites but west coast were a great team, finished top and we had some of field issues with parvo etc. It was a touch And go game

Here, for the first time we are hot favourites in a home prelim.

New ground and a great test of our mettle

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
So if we do go with Otten then surely he rotates off the bench. We can't start all of the tall on the ground, it's too top heavy.

So if we do go with Otten then surely he rotates off the bench. We can't start all of the tall on the ground, it's too top heavy.

Im very confident they will play Otten the match day committee even said at the time that Otten gives us depth in finals should we lose a forward player.

They have very rarely taken any risks.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Im very confident they will play Otten the match day committee even said at the time that Otten gives us depth in finals should we lose a forward player.

It COULD work. He's a very smart player and if we can hit him up and make Geelongs tall defenders accountable it'll go a long way to winning the game.

Don't think the skipper will be happy though, he even said on radio we were too slow at times.

The Sloane Ranger

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Dec 22, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC

I am for one are hoping that we don't play Otten Up forward with Tex, JJ and Lynch as it will create a huge issue with the forward pressure

We get away with playing Giv as an extra tall because he is so quick and athletic, Otten has none of these attributes

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
We must not be confident in Menzel or Hampton being able to run the game out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Otten filled in for McGovern for half the season and was fine. I've got no problem with him getting the job for another week.
But the other half he was bloody average, Geelong generate run from defence so it hampers us.

The Sloane Ranger

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Dec 22, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Otten filled in for McGovern for half the season and was fine. I've got no problem with him getting the job for another week.

Fine?

Couple of ok games Up forward but also had some bloody average games that also impacted our ability to lock the ball in the front half

Surely we don't go down this path again

BunjiMac

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I actually think Hampton will come in for Shooter and play midfield and Thor will play more Up forward

Hampton over the past 3 weeks has been flying on the track
This is probably my favourite suggestion, but I'd like to see them equally rotated across both positions. Greenwood when the heat is on in the middle and backed up by Hampton to keep the midfield pressure up.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Good luck guys, really want you to win for a few reasons, firstly the cats are flogs (please boo them, it's really great fun), secondly if we're going to win the flag, I want to beat the best and quite simply that's either you or Sydney, and since it can't be Sydney it must be you, thirdly if we're not even there, given all you've been through in the past few years it would be an amazing flag, and finally Geelong beating us in a GF after losing to us in a QF has a sense of destiny about it. So, for our sake (not yours, pfft :rolleyes:) please!!!!!

Archie87

Club Legend
Feb 13, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

He was ok only while JJ was out and we had an extra small in and when Lever was having hammy issues too which meant he'd go back. Once JJ was back, he was largely garbage up forward and his selection was a big part of why we lost the Hawthorn game.

mick500

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Has it been confirmed that if we manage to win that McGovern will be right for the grand final or hasn't been mentioned?

Roovolution

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
They’re the most talented side in the comp, they ooze class on every line. It’s easy to see how with a little wind in their sails they could be hard To catch

Mumford out forces them to put Lobb in the ruck, which sorts out the issue of their forward line being too tall

Arguably they are better balanced with Cameron and Mumford out. Or at least could be notwithstanding the quality of the outs

I’d be a little more nervous than against Richmond

Bollocks. Do you even watch football?

Back