Votes: 26 19.3%
  • We're cursed

Votes: 41 30.4%
  • We're number one!

Votes: 27 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think Hampton will come in for Shooter and play midfield and Thor will play more Up forward

Hampton over the past 3 weeks has been flying on the track

I wish the selection committee showed a bit bravado with the potential ins for Gov. They wont. Its a safety first approach. The Adelaide Crows way. I dont want it, but Im confident Otten will come in.

So many times this year we should gifted some players some games so that scenarios like this dont take place in one of the biggest games in the Clubs history.

Good luck guys, really want you to win for a few reasons, firstly the cats are flogs (please boo them, it's really great fun), secondly if we're going to win the flag, I want to beat the best and quite simply that's either you or Sydney, and since it can't be Sydney it must be you, thirdly if we're not even there, given all you've been through in the past few years it would be an amazing flag, and finally Geelong beating us in a GF after losing to us in a QF has a sense of destiny about it. So, for our sake (not yours, pfft :rolleyes:) please!!!!!
Sounds like a good plan :thumbsu:

Out of curiosity be interested in others thoughts based on if we win on Friday and McGovern being fit for the following week:
  1. Otten is picked this week - everyone would assume he's omitted for GF .. or
  2. Hampton is picked this week - plays a blinder - who misses out?

Last edited:
All the best. Had a terrible cough and sore throat.

I am currently coughing up clag from Primary School its been that persistent. Annoyed. I may not be able to yell loud but I will be there. I was there with pneumonia at a Hawks game so a little pleurisy wont stop me.
Bags not the seat next to you

Out of curiosity be interested in others thoughts based on us winning on Friday and McGovern being fit for the following week:
  1. Otten is picked this week - everyone would assume he's omitted for GF .. or
  2. Hampton is picked this week - plays a blinder - who misses out?
One week at a time...!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish the selection committee showed a bit bravado with the potential ins for Gov. They wont. Its a safety first approach. The Adelaide Crows way. I dont want it, but Im confident Otten will come in.

So many times this year we should gifted some players some games so that scenarios like this dont take place in one of the biggest games in the Clubs history.

We replaced Tex with Milera against the Eagles. Perhaps this was a chance to see if we played better with two Talls plus Lynchy in the forwardline. I trust THE MAESTRO to select the best 22 to defeat Geelong.

My gut feel is to play Hampton or Milera or Menzel but I suspect that THE MAESTRO's gut feel is a bit better than mine. We know that Andy Otten will give every drop of blood for the team and I will not be surprised if he is the unlikely hero on Friday night.

Whoever starts the gameday thread, please ffs give it a memorable title it deserves one.

I love Terminator 2: Judgement Day. Lets face it, if we lose its going to be like an apocalyptic event in here.:(:'(

There will be some posters doing this at the end of the game if we lose.:p

7wcPk9y.gif
Apocalypse Now also has a ring to it.

Bollocks. Do you even watch football?
I look at it like this- they should be alot scarier than they are. Their problem is they go missing when the crowd is bigger than 10k.

So... if they do manage to overcome Richmond + 90k in the tiger army, they don't really have anything left to fear. Defining game for them this week.

I look at it like this- they should be alot scarier than they are. Their problem is they go missing when the crowd is bigger than 10k.

So... if they do manage to overcome Richmond + 90k in the tiger army, they don't really have anything left to fear. Defining game for them this week.

A fair bit of logic here.

Back