1st Qualifying Final - Adelaide vs GWS - Thursday 7/9 @ 7.20 ACST (The waiting is the hardest part)

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys!

I'm really sorry to hear about Sloane being ruled out of the clash tomorrow night. He's an absolute gun and one you guys obviously wanted on the park more than just about anyone.

Having a medical background, I never thought he'd pass a fitness test given he had only eight days in which to prove his fitness. That would have been a world record, I reckon.

It was such bad luck for the poor guy to contract appendicitis when he did! He has all the off-season to do something as silly as that! :p

I guess I'd like to point out a couple of things;

1) Adelaide is, in my opinion, still the best side in the competition, perhaps second only to Sydney if it were to face the Swans minus Rory Sloane.

2) If, and I do think it's relatively unlikely, Adelaide goes down to us tomorrow night, it still has a second chance, at home, with Rory an almost certain starter.

3) The timing could have been much worse. Imagine if this had happened on the eve of a Preliminary Final? That would have heen disastrous! And,

4) I still believe that your boys are the favourites. I don't think we've got it all together yet. We're still a year and a few tweaks to our game plan away from contending.

Good luck. Win or lose, I will be hoping like hell that neither team suffers any injuries. We've both got business to attend in the following weeks to come.

And, you never know, this match just may well be a precursor to the last day in September. It's happened before (Eagles v Hawks '15) and will certainly happen again.

As I said, with ball in hand they are but only Ward and Coniglio work 2 ways. It'll be wet too which helps us
You seem to have forgotten Scully, the guy that has topped the AFL running data sheets in several categories.

Don't label them as one way runners, most of them are fast endurance players, it's why most of them were picks 1-3! What does happen however is that there is so much talent that they don't always stick to a game plan but just free wheel because their speed and skills are superior. A well executed team plan is what brings them undone on occasions.

You seem to have forgotten Scully, the guy that has topped the AFL running data sheets in several categories.

Don't label them as one way runners, most of them are fast endurance players, it's why most of them were picks 1-3! What does happen however is that there is so much talent that they don't always stick to a game plan but just free wheel because their speed and skills are superior. A well executed team plan is what brings them undone on occasions.
Scully runs alot but only one way, he's fit but he's a downhill skier

I'm hoping that with Sloane out Charlie Cameron will spend more time on the ball

Yes Charlie's form has not been great however his purple patch of early season form was when he was spending more time on the ball

Uh oh!

I don't think we can win without Sloane :(

I don't reckon Sloane would be the difference in winning or losing this or any game.
We have the personnel to do this mob over. Giants have great players, but don't gel as a team all that often in big games. I'm more worried about the effect of the extra week off than I am about winning this game.
Crows by 42.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First people were in denial that Sloane will miss - it was fairly obvious from the outset that 9 days would not be enough. Most were confident of beating GWS. And now that Sloane's all-but-inevitable absence is confirmed, people are basically saying 'chalk it up as a loss'. Caaaaaaarn. Classic Bigfooty Crows board.

Scully runs alot but only one way, he's fit but he's a downhill skier
Well data would show that's an incorrect statement and hard data beats opinions formed off the TV every time.

I think we'll win but I'm not making light of the sheer talent in orange jumpers.

Be interesting to see how many orange people populate our side of the fence.

Well data would show that's an incorrect statement and hard data beats opinions formed off the TV every time.

I think we'll win but I'm not making light of the sheer talent in orange jumpers.

Be interesting to see how many orange people populate our side of the fence.
There is no doubting their talent, none at all.

Fair call, happy to move on.

Just quietly I'm surprised he didn't come up, if the game was Saturday I'm sure he would have played

:thumbsu:

Let's just hope we win.

Trying to keep myself occupied tonight to not think about game tomorrow and peak to early , watched a movie with the partner, playing destiny 2 now. imagine how the players feel. They should be bursting out of their skins right now. How they get any sleep at all on nights before finals I will never know.

I was able to get a block of 8 seats in Categories 1,2,3 and 4.

Many of them were very good seats yet a heap of people were forced to buy single seats a week ago.

Has the AFL ever explained what they mean by "AFL allocation"?

Also no advertising by the AFL to ensure the game is a sell out, let alone the Pear match.
What are you doing with 32 seats?

Back