Discussion 1st Qualifying Final - St Kilda vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be at the G on Sunday.
Dunno about you, but i'm pumped. :thumbsu:
No changes! (only if Ball is still not fit)

Oh s**t forgot about injuries.
Dempster most likely will miss.
Few players came off with niggles.
Guess we'll just have to wait.

Riewoldt is a concern i must say, but we got a few players who can play Dempster's role so i don't think we'll miss him too much. Good to see Raph Clarke play good footy tho i've been a huge critic of him but he's been good for the past fortnight.

Riewoldt is a concern i must say, but we got a few players who can play Dempster's role so i don't think we'll miss him too much. Good to see Raph Clarke play good footy tho i've been a huge critic of him but he's been good for the past fortnight.

not being arrogent here so ill get that straight firstly lol...but i dont think raph will really get near the ball against geelong. essendon cant defend. also i rekon birss will be a concern for use. if i were u i would much rather see armitage over birss but you certainly have some good players, riewoldt and kosi are a concern, im not worried about milne...hayes is a gun and so is goddard and sam fisher!

Need the team kicking straight.
Absolutley critical that Roo has his kicking boots on, he attracts alot of the ball and butchering oppurtunities like he did today won't cut it.
Skills need improving, Geelong thrive off turn overs.
Midfield need to be accountable.
Back ourselves.

Woooo, well done Sainters!!! Remember we were 5-7 at one stage. At the Geelong supporter, no he probably won't neither will Gram i don't think. But we'll give you a run for your premiership.

2.30pm

I'm ****ing pumped guys.

So glad we are playing against each other.

Get our old 04/05 rivalry back up.

Not so sure that we're on the same equal footing as we were then. Just visited your board briefly, but couldn't stand the rank odour of arrogance that already pervades. Predominantly from fans who have joined in the last 14 months or so. Must be a coincidence!

How the hell did we end here?

Amazing. Cannot express how ridiculous it is that we've finished 4th.

Mind-bending.

Anyway, there's just too many advantages to mention:
- Get a crack at Geelong early in the finals
- Avoid Geelong until the GF
- Avoid Collingwood (they, oddly, have had our measure this year) first off
- Avoid Adelaide in Adelaide
- Can't travel interstate
- Move onto an easier side of the finals after week one
- Deny Collingwood a home final

That we have finished 4th this year probably says more about the standard of the competition than it does about us. Let's be honest - this is a god-given fluke.

But footy is weird like that. Adelaide finished 5th in 1998, lost in the first week, and then came out and won three matches on the road. Sydney should have been finished in 2005 until Nick Davis intervened. Sixth-placed Carlton rolling Essendon in the 1999 PF.]

Not saying we can or will win it, but the facts are this.

You've got to be in it to win it. And once you're there, you've got every chance.

Some bizarre greater force handed us this chance. Now, we have to make the best of it.

I'm still not convinced that we are up to it, but now is not the time to wonder about how good we are. To apply the wisodm of Forrest Gump: "...and since we came this far, well, we figured we might as go a bit further."

Don't know how it happened, but it has. Now let's get on with the job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2.30pm

I'm ****ing pumped guys.

So glad we are playing against each other.

Get our old 04/05 rivalry back up.

I'm pumped too Poida.

It has taken us a while to warm up to it. Geelong's list has been settled and the players have confidence and faith in each other. We just went through a second major personnel turnover in two years - so getting the players to be cogs in a machine has been the first priority. Now they are starting to function as a unit. It has been difficult at times to watch, but every step has its rewards.

Geelong wont be quaking in their boots, but they will now be put on notice. The Saints are back and we ARE the better team. :)

Not so sure that we're on the same equal footing as we were then. Just visited your board briefly, but couldn't stand the rank odour of arrogance that already pervades. Predominantly from fans who have joined in the last 14 months or so. Must be a coincidence!

Yeah, but it's not the supporters we have to worry about.

Oh Man! I just cant believe it. 4th spot, a home final at MCG and a double chance. Im not going to stop doing the StKilda dance of joy all week :)

Keep this in mind guys.

Under this revised McIntyre system, only twice has a top 4 team not made it through to a preliminary final (Port, 2001; WCE, 2007).

Yeah because a join date dictates how long you have supported a team.

Member for 20 years mate and we have been through more than you guys ever have so we deserve to be arrogant now that we have success.

It's great to be playing you guys, our clubs had a great rivalry a couple of years back....this game will bring it back to life.

I hate your club but that is why I am loving this match up so much!

BRING IT ON!

Member for 20 years mate and we have been through more than you guys ever have so we deserve to be arrogant now that we have success.

It's great to be playing you guys, our clubs had a great rivalry a couple of years back....this game will bring it back to life.

BRING IT ON!

Not on your life.

BRING IT ON!

No it doesn't, but it does suggest that you are only prepared to admit it on a public forum when your team is outperforming everyone else. i.e bandwagoners. And for the record, define how your supporters have suffered more than Saints. Your team has a few more flags for starters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back