Discussion 1st Qualifying Final - St Kilda vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys looking forward to the big match.
Just wondering who you guys think will tag Ablett, as I'm pretty sure all your taggers are out injured.
Birss is the designated tagger atm, but I'd like to see Gram go head to head with him seeing it's nigh impossible to actually tag him out of the game.

Anyway I cannot wait for this match. We've had a bit of a rivalry with Geelong in recent times so should be good. Geelong obviously the better team this year, but I give us a good chance, better than most other teams.

Agreed.

1 flag, years upon years of hoplessness, then the 1997 Grand Final, and now this era of mediocrity riddled by injuries, I would say Saints fans have had it pretty rough.

Yes, there has been no hopping going on until Sunday.

And here I was thinking that 1985 was pretty tough, but no - we have entered the era of mediocrity!!!

Is that like the Ming Dynasty? L2M4G out to know. Confucious say "Cat fan who use BigFooty usually a pussy".

And here I was thinking that 1985 was pretty tough, but no - we have entered the era of mediocrity!!!

Is that like the Ming Dynasty? L2M4G out to know. Confucious say "Cat fan who use BigFooty usually a pussy".

L2M4G says call Squizz butter, because he's on a roll!

Congrats on the Saints for the Herculean effort yesterday to grab 4th spot. Going to be interesting to see if the players can focus on the coming match after what was a naturally jubilant time yesterday. It has to have been slightly distracting whereas the Cats have been ready for the finals for weeks now.

Someone spoke of arrogance on our board(you have some here too). It's only natural that a few of us are getting ahead of ourselves after having the best H&A season since the 22 round competition started. It means for naught of course as finals are whole different kettle of fish. But it's understandable, Cats have beaten top 8 sides 8 out of 9 times this season. The Saints are definitely susceptible in that category with only 4 out of 10 (if I have counted it correctly).

What I said wasn't an insult.

It was fact.

No

What I said wasn't mean't as an insult.

It was fact.

No need to analyse it mate, just amend it.

PS: "Hopelessness" as in from your flag until 1997 you were basically the worst side in the competition for the most part. "Mediocrity" as in, this era has promised so much yet delivered so little.

Oh, man. I feel so bad for you. Try this on for size.

1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003.

Nevertheless, I'm happy to add one more to your boring list of lameness.

Qualifying Final vs St Kilda 2008 (MCG). Pumped from start to finish. Never got a look in. Went down by 100 points. Never recovered and went out in straight sets.*

[*Fehring takes no responsibility for the ridiculousness of this post. Next Sunday, he will not even admit that he made it.]

making finals and losing them is more pain worthy than not making finals IMO

so the pain gap will close this weekend when we smack you guys.....hopefully you guys can make the GF though at least your supporters know how to create an atmosphere....Hawks fans are just gay.

What I said wasn't mean't as an insult.

It was fact.

No need to analyse it mate, just amend it.

PS: "Hopelessness" as in from your flag until 1997 you were basically the worst side in the competition for the most part. "Mediocrity" as in, this era has promised so much yet delivered so little.

Agree - there are only so many ways you can analyse a piece of crap ... ... ... ... mate.;)

Where did I go wrong then champ? :rolleyes:

You thought it a good idea to make Geelong fans look like morons by posting on our board. I give your last line a zero ... ... knackers.

You thought it a good idea to make Geelong fans look like morons by posting on our board. I give your last line a zero ... ... knackers.

Most of those who qualify for this category are, shall we say, "recent arrivals". We may well ask where were they during Geelongs prolonged era of mediocrity? Not hanging around the opposition's board like last weeks uncollected garbage.

I didn't think you'd be able to come up with anything. :rolleyes:

You do realise that I made those comments in agreeance with the statement that Saints fans have suffered more pain, I was on your side in that argument?

You've turned it on it's head and made it out as if I'm trolling and was insulting your club. I merely had an opinion on a question that has been debated across most of the thread.

Sorry to offend you Squizzy, just relax.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Birss is the designated tagger atm, but I'd like to see Gram go head to head with him seeing it's nigh impossible to actually tag him out of the game.

Anyway I cannot wait for this match. We've had a bit of a rivalry with Geelong in recent times so should be good. Geelong obviously the better team this year, but I give us a good chance, better than most other teams.
Wrong.

He was before this week and then the matches before that he played, but this week Clint Jones tagged, probably to get him ready for a tagging job this week, if we happened to come up against the cats?

Most of those who qualify for this category are, shall we say, "recent arrivals". We may well ask where were they during Geelongs prolonged era of mediocrity? Not hanging around the opposition's board like last weeks uncollected garbage.

I love it how there is this perception that fans hold out until there side is successful to join Big Footy. :eek::rolleyes: Just have a good hard think about how utterly non-sensical that is.

As I said, I wasn't trolling, I didn't intend to insult anyone, I had an opinion on a statement made earlier, an opinion that actually coincided with St. Kilda fans. :eek: I never said Geelong weren't a disgrace either a few years back. :thumbsu:

Last Line Hero;12300728[B said:
]I love it how there is this perception that fans hold out until there side is successful to join Big Footy. :eek::rolleyes:[/B] Just have a good hard think about how utterly non-sensical that is.

As I said, I wasn't trolling, I didn't intend to insult anyone, I had an opinion on a statement made earlier, an opinion that actually coincided with St. Kilda fans. :eek: I never said Geelong weren't a disgrace either a few years back. :thumbsu:

At the very least you were being smug and patronising. Mediocrity is a pretty loaded term and don't you think just a bit hypocritical, considering Geelong's history up until recently? We don't need that. Thanks for you concern but you can go now.

No nonsense. Haven't you by any chance noticed the massive influx of Geelong newbies dating from about May 2007? Coincidence you say?

hey lads, just wanted to pop over here before things get to heated and say its good to have all Victorian top 4 and it will be great that after this week all finals will be in Vic.

well done and good luck [obviously i don't mean for this week :p] but i had a wager with a mate 2 months ago that you would finish top 4 and i'd all but given up..lol

At the very least you were being smug and patronising. Mediocrity is a pretty loaded term and don't you think just a bit hypocritical, considering Geelong's history up until recently? We don't need that. Thanks for you concern but you can go now.

No nonsense. Haven't you by any chance noticed the massive influx of Geelong newbies dating from about May 2007? Coincidence you say?

What do you mean I was being smug and patronising, what a load of crap. I'm not going to sugar coat it, you struggled for a lot of years between your flag and 1997, you were heartbroken that year, and now you have failed to deliver in an era that promised so much. Is this not fact? Geelong didn't deliver for a couple of years there, I'm not denying that, but it's near impossible to compare because we never had the expectations the Saints had.

Like I said, if you think that fans hold out for success to join an internet football forum then you are a bit of a dullard.

why is every one argueing whos better then who?? all i wanna see is a great game infront of 80 000+ supporters in which we all realise that its grand final preview...

both have been good teams over the last 5 years and both have had their loses over the years and heart aches... geelong had a chance to pull their act in and they did... finally the saints are starting to fire up

lets just hope for an awesome finals and may best team win (which i hopes the saints!!! and i believe they can do it)

What do you mean I was being smug and patronising, what a load of crap. I'm not going to sugar coat it, you struggled for a lot of years between your flag and 1997, you were heartbroken that year, and now you have failed to deliver in an era that promised so much. Is this not fact? Geelong didn't deliver for a couple of years there, I'm not denying that, but it's near impossible to compare because we never had the expectations the Saints had.

Like I said, if you think that fans hold out for success to join an internet football forum then you are a bit of a dullard.

Is there no part of the english language you understand? You have misinterpreted just about every comment from a variety of posters. if we are all morons, why are you still here?

Go-Away-Heres_an_idea.jpg

Relax brother.

I see where you're both coming from.

Surely you'd agree that many Cats "fans" have joined up to BF in the last 6 months proclaiming they have been the biggest Geelong supporters to have ever lived. It's great to celebrate success and good luck to you, but it gets a bit much when said long term supporters suggest they are better human beings just because of the team they support. Not having a go at you directly, but just pointing out some facts.

Haha after the Saints Hawks game I said to my mate 'I bet ya 10 bucks we finish top 4'.

He didnt shake on it, but laughed at me.

And when we lost to WCE he continued to laugh at me.

I continue to laugh at him to this day. :D

Is there no part of the english language you understand? You have misinterpreted just about every comment from a variety of posters. if we are all morons, why are you still here?

What have I misinterpreted Squizzy? See if you can come up with something for this one.

I'd appreciate if you pointed out where I said any of you were morons too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back