Discussion 1st Qualifying Final - St Kilda vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Last Line Zero :

Our club is mediocre, we make non-sensical comments, you have implied one of the other posters is a dullard, and you don't seem to get it.

You've got your own board. This is not the forum to slag St Kilda.

It's not a matter of me coming up with something - its just that you've got nothing yet are just hanging around giving people the shits when they just want to discuss the topic with people of reasonable intellect and a considered view.

Last Line Zero :

Our club is mediocre, we make non-sensical comments, you have implied one of the other posters is a dullard, and you don't seem to get it.

It's not a matter of me coming up with something - its just that you've got nothing yet are just hanging around giving people the shits when they just want to discuss the topic with people of reasonable intellect and a considered view.

Let it go, Squizz. The man's not Einstein. When you're only just smart enough to remember to breathe, you don't really have room for any coherent thoughts.

Last Line Zero :

I didn't say your club was mediocre. I said onfield you had gone through a mediocre period of form in recent years, huge discrepancy, don't you think? You've got a great club who I like containing some great players. Now last time I checked, the Oxford Dictionary states mediocre to be "neither good nor bad." This is the perfect description of how you have travelled through this time since your once prodigious young team loomed large as a dynasty.

I find it amazing, how Saints fans throughout the thread have been arguing how much you've had to go through over the years, how hard it's been, then I agree and suddenly I'm slagging St. Kilda. Comments about being "non- sensical" and "dullard" had nothing to do with your club they were criticising the theories of BigFooty membership. If any fan from any club had said that I'd have criticised it.

It's a shame Squiz because I like watching St. Kilda and I like your fans, mates with a few of them, but your rediculous misinterpretations of what I said to start with thinking it was insult and ensuing femme sensitivity at my prescence, just initially wanting to enjoy some discussion before this weekend, has been utterly disappointing and just un- called for.

And Fehring, there is no need to stoop so low, don't get sucked in to Squizz's intolerance just because he follows the Saints, be a 'football' fan.

BTW; "Last Line Zero" = super classy :rolleyes:.

Well then Front Line Fool thinks I am a dullard. Give me a dullard and I'll raise him a simpleton. Anyone who has to check the definition of mediocre is not very bright. Not to mention also coming to an opposition team's board to abuse their members. Now that's smart! We are too tolerant here. They don't like that sort of behaviour over on the Geelong board. Fact is they get quite upset by it. Anybody here have any clout with Geelong mods? Possibly send someone over with a crocodile trap to take Fool back to his swamp.

Well then Front Line Fool thinks I am a dullard. Give me a dullard and I'll raise him a simpleton. Anyone who has to check the definition of mediocre is not very bright. Not to mention also coming to an opposition team's board to abuse their members. Now that's smart! We are too tolerant here. They don't like that sort of behaviour over on the Geelong board. Fact is they get quite upset by it. Anybody here have any clout with Geelong mods? Possibly send someone over with a crocodile trap to take Fool back to his swamp.

I said your'e a dullard if you honestly believe that football fans from any club sit back wait for their team to become successful in order to join an internet football forum. I hope that in all seriousness you don't and were just trying to make a point earlier.

As for your point about the dictionary, well, let's just say you don't know me. ;)

I said your'e a dullard if you honestly believe that football fans from any club sit back wait for their team to become successful in order to join an internet football forum. I hope that in all seriousness you don't and were just trying to make a point earlier.

As for your point about the dictionary, well, let's just say you don't know me. ;)

Actually I think my point was well made and will be proven in time when Geelong fall back into the pack, hell it will happen, and the bandwagoners drop off. You are naive if you think bandwagoners (even on internet forums) are not a fact for all teams when they are at the top. And it's you're. ;)

Your mods should clean it up (inc. my post) because I came here to discuss the game but everyone is a long way off topic.
Correct.

Not much cleaning going on though?

Trying to get it back on topic..

with dempster out i'd like to see Max go to SJ?

Max on SJ
Blake on Lonergan
Fisher on Mooney
Gilbert on Chappy (Ross seems to like the Gilbert on small forward type)
Raph on Gamble..

I think it doesn't really matter who you put on these guys, unless you pressure the mids, they all have the capabilities to kick 3-4.

Gamble, Mooney, Lonergan nothing than Good Ordinary Players with an extrodinary midfield delivering the ball to them.

Correct.

Not much cleaning going on though?

Trying to get it back on topic..

with dempster out i'd like to see Max go to SJ?

Max on SJ
Blake on Lonergan
Fisher on Mooney
Gilbert on Chappy (Ross seems to like the Gilbert on small forward type)
Raph on Gamble..

I think it doesn't really matter who you put on these guys, unless you pressure the mids, they all have the capabilities to kick 3-4.

Gamble, Mooney, Lonergan nothing than Good Ordinary Players with an extrodinary midfield delivering the ball to them.

The only one I'd disagree with (from an impartial perspective) is Hudghton on Johnson. I think Johnno would be too clever for him at ground level. I would have thought Mooney would be the better matchup.

Sam F normally takes Steve Johnson who only tends to chase in a 15m radius. I think that Sam has under-estimated how strong Johnson is previously, so hopefully will learn from this.

Max typically will take Mooney, although would not suprise to see Blakey on him and Max on Lonergan.

Max is probably more suited to a Gamble type who is good overhead. Would assume Raph will go to him, and I hope he is on the job as Gamble doesn't seem to need many opportunities (like Johnson and Chapman I guess).

Don't care who goes to Tatoo, as he will scunge for kicks regardless. Good shot for goal though as we saw earlier in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrong.

He was before this week and then the matches before that he played, but this week Clint Jones tagged, probably to get him ready for a tagging job this week, if we happened to come up against the cats?

I would like to see Jones run with Ablett. He seems to rise to a challenge, and dosn't think anything is impossible until he tries.

Hmm, not sure about Jonesy on Ablett - if it was a H&A game, I'd be all for it, because the experience would be great for him. But Jonesy's playing in his first ever AFL final on Sunday. That's enough for him to be dealing with without him having to play off the greatest player in the comp. The head-to-head idea with Grammy is I think the best one - din't we do this a few weeks ago (Hawks game?)?

Just a quick thought - you realise we have actually beaten Geelong this year - back in the NAB? Probably not worth much, but worth mentioning.

Gram head on was also used in the Carlton game against Judd. They broke even i thought , did very well that night. I reckon Gram v Ablett, Dal Santo v Bartel to hopefully inspire him and Birss v Corey (need to pay much more attention to him).

Judd brought Carlton back into the game and nearly won it single handedly for them in the last quarter with his work around the clearances.

As much as I rate Gram, i'd feel a lot mor comfortable if we were tagging Ablett.

Would've thought a bit more respect was warranted for King & Chucky who were given the arse by Geelong :

"Geelong coach Mark Thompson has fired the opening salvo ahead of Sunday's first qualifying final against St Kilda, saying the clubs have different philosophies about list management.

Thompson said the Saints had enjoyed a great year in Lyon's second season in charge, but relied on players from other clubs to still be alive in September.

Former Cats skipper Steven King was picked up by the Saints after last year's premiership, joining former teammate Charlie Gardiner at Moorabbin.
"Under Grant (Thomas), they were really a development club," Thompson said.

"Under Ross, they've got a few guys from other clubs, two from our club, and have done particularly well. It's different philosophies, but we generally like to recruit and develop our own people."

A bit ordinary I thought.

Our votes in order to date (any "home grown" talent?) :
48 Riewoldt
40 Hayes
33 Fisher S
25 Harvey
24 Ball
21 Goddard
21 Gram
19 Hudghton
18 Dal Santo
13 Montagna
11 Milne
8 Koschitzke

I guess Harvs was "imported" from Seaford.

And Ross hit back with,

Lyon stepped around Thompson's comment, saying there are "plenty of different ways to bake the cake" and the Saints have thrived by picking up players from other clubs.

"We're thrilled with the way we've put our list together, and that's continuing and evolving," he said.

"We'll continue to take draft picks and continue to analyse players from other clubs and — when we see fit — we'll bring them to our club and grow them."

Would've thought a bit more respect was warranted for King & Chucky who were given the arse by Geelong :

"Geelong coach Mark Thompson has fired the opening salvo ahead of Sunday's first qualifying final against St Kilda, saying the clubs have different philosophies about list management.

Thompson said the Saints had enjoyed a great year in Lyon's second season in charge, but relied on players from other clubs to still be alive in September.

Former Cats skipper Steven King was picked up by the Saints after last year's premiership, joining former teammate Charlie Gardiner at Moorabbin.
"Under Grant (Thomas), they were really a development club," Thompson said.

"Under Ross, they've got a few guys from other clubs, two from our club, and have done particularly well. It's different philosophies, but we generally like to recruit and develop our own people."

A bit ordinary I thought.

Our votes in order to date (any "home grown" talent?) :
48 Riewoldt
40 Hayes
33 Fisher S
25 Harvey
24 Ball
21 Goddard
21 Gram
19 Hudghton
18 Dal Santo
13 Montagna
11 Milne
8 Koschitzke

I guess Harvs was "imported" from Seaford.

I'm pretty sure we got Grammy in trade but he didn't really play for the Lions. I know what you are saying though.

Ironically the main reason we needed to trade was to get a ruck. I know it would be risky to lose the young gun we could have gotten for pick 90.
Imagine if we had really been stupid and traded both 12, and 16 for someone elses ruckman.

But look at the rookies we got coming through!

Miles running off half back
Macca in the ruck
Armo and Stevo inside mids
Geary and Jones outside mids
Allen up forward

Plenty of homegrown talent there.

Yeah we've got more recycled players than most, but they're good players most of em. Apart from the 2 Gardiner's, all of em are up to standard (and Fiora was good last year).

And Ross hit back with,

Lyon stepped around Thompson's comment, saying there are "plenty of different ways to bake the cake" and the Saints have thrived by picking up players from other clubs.

"We're thrilled with the way we've put our list together, and that's continuing and evolving," he said.

"We'll continue to take draft picks and continue to analyse players from other clubs and — when we see fit — we'll bring them to our club and grow them."

Bombers just pissed because he has had to give up 5 guys who he rates and has helped developed over the years. Like Brent Moloney who went to Melbourne, Thompson is gutted when a good player leaves the club. King was very highly regarded, of course, Bomber wanted him there, but it was just not possible with Salary Cap and with Blake coming through. Gardiner was also highly regarded but we had too many other youngsters vying for his position - and the fact that Tommy Hawkins and Tommy Lonergan are now playing good footy justifies the decisino to let him go.

Not to mention that Tim Callan is now an established member of the Bulldogs 22 (VFL b&f last year)., Scott Thompson is now playing for Nth Melbourne Seniors, and Henry Playfair (who unfortunately is injured again) is a first choice forward for Sydney.

Of course Bomber is going to say something, becuase all these players he has helped develop and simply because of salary cap and depth at our club we have had to give them away for nothing.

Maybe he could just be happy for the players who left for better opportunities or cause they were flicked, and pleased that Geelong has been able to cover them (rather than imply other clubs are scabs)?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back