Preview 1st Semi Final -Fremantle v Port (Opposition supporters welcome)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Ok so we now know we are playing Port and boy did they look impressive today.

Sat afternoon at 5:45 is the game, so for once we will have the longer break. It's a refreshing change.

Port have had a pretty easy game today however it was hot out there so that will sap them a bit.

The good thing for Fremantle is that we beat them after beating Carlton by 100 points, so as nervous as I feel after watching this port game is that surely we can do it again.

Koshie thinks their crowd is scary, wait until they arrive on Subi next week. I can feel a prelim atmosphere from last year coming on.

Personally I think we may lose Ballas with a cheekbone, but no reports out yet. Port may have exactly the same issue with white too. Apart from that they will be full strength. Hopefully Barlow and Sutty get over their niggles from the weekend and we have a clean bill of health. Also let's hope the MRP F*?,k off !!

Any chance of getting Macca back ?

Will tabs learn from his stage fright ?

Will we kick straight ?

Will we see the Fremantle pressure from finals last year ?

So many questions, sooooooo nervous. I'm flying over and I'm sooooo excited. Hard to pick this one. Heart Says Freo by 5, Head says Port by 5, but I Really think we will have no idea until 9pm next Saturday night.

Gooooo Freo

#FreoPortSemifinal
#AFLfreoport

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't forget Carlton and Richmond have put no pressure on Port at all. When that happens it always makes Port look better than they are.

This is going to be a very tough game. Maybe too tough a game for the prize being a match against a rested hawthorn. They will be laughing in their boots and how banged up their opposition will be.

However once again Port will learn what pressure is next week. Our boys will be seething. Ross would have had each of them by the throat ;)

Port are going to walk into a meat grinder next week. Our midfield have been publicly slapped by Ross and will come out snarling. They are going to experience pressure with a capital P. Expect a loud loud crowd.

I really respect the way you guys go about things on the field and thought you guys were dealt a bad hand by the umpiring in the first half yesterday but boy, can't wait to have a crack at you guys next week.
Bring it on, should be a cracker.

Will be a great game...as a young team, Port have generally seemed to learn a lot from a loss and it will be great to see whether they can take the kind of easy chances they missed against Freo last week.

Freo will win this fairly easy I reckon. Port played under very little pressure today and if it weren't for that 8 goal first quarter they only win by 2-3 goals.

West Coast (5th) were also overrated after destroying North Melbourne (8th) in their Elimination Final in 2012. Got shown up by Collingwood (4th) the week after.

I'll reserve my judgement till I see how we pull up on Monday. There were clouds over Sutty, Barlow and Balla judging from the reports of Freo at the airport.
If all those guys get up and we maybe get Macca then I'd say its an even match.
I just feel we are not in great shape overall, too many players playing underdone or compromised whereas Port seem to be fully fit and all available. You need a bit of luck this time of year and we don't seem to have had a lot lately.
Having said all that I don't want to disrespect our team and their resolve. I certainly think we can win.

West Coast (5th) were also overrated after destroying North Melbourne (8th) in their Elimination Final in 2012. Got shown up by Collingwood (4th) the week after.
Huh? We should have went on to win that game, after kicking the first few goals of the last and dominating general play, but 'Apple Turnover' Embley kicked a grubber ball which led to collingwood hitting the front.

For some reason you guys think 35000 people fairy clapping is loud. We play in front of 50000 football people.

We had a sighter last week and now we're coming to do a job. Fyfe addition is big for you but its false hope.

I like how you have all put your future hopes on the young Taberner (7 goals, 10games), expect him to get a hiding this week.

Port are going all the way and Freo r just a speed bump.

My tip is for Ross Lyon to be in hospital midweek with a mental breakdown

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huh? We should have went on to win that game, after kicking the first few goals of the last and dominating general play, but 'Apple Turnover' Embley kicked a grubber ball which led to collingwood hitting the front.
Shoulda, coulda, didn't.

For some reason you guys think 35000 people fairy clapping is loud. We play in front of 50000 football people.

We had a sighter last week and now we're coming to do a job. Fyfe addition is big for you but its false hope.

I like how you have all put your future hopes on the young Taberner (7 goals, 10games), expect him to get a hiding this week.

Haha ok.

Bookmark it;)

You guys are fast becoming some of the most arrogant, up yourselves group of supporters.

You beat Carlton by 100 and then couldn't beat us.
You beat Richmond by whatever you beat them by and we will beat you again.

Get off your high horse idiot. It's gonna hurt for you late Saturday night when you realise what a knob you are

Port play in front of 50000 meatheads and you're one of them. Have a look at our Sydney final last year, that's what you're in for. You lot talked up your chances two weeks ago, in between you've had a training run against Richmond and we've got our best player back and have been given a rocket from our coach. You've never seen pressure like what you're going to get.

I'm nervous guys. Good that fyfe is playing this time but I don't like the fact that this is their second look at us in 3 weeks. I've tried reading the other threads but any truth in ballantyne Barlow Sutcliffe etc on crutches? Everyone agree to leave our back line in tact? I thought they performed very well against sydney. I'd be wary of bringing in luke on the basis of a do or die game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back