Preview 1st Semi-final: Geelong vs Collingwood, Sat 10 Oct GABBA @ 7.40pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's committed to improvement as you say, he would't want to go out in straight sets then.
He has an opportunity to ensure it does not go that way by actually picking the correct team to topple Collingwood. Had a similar opportunity to a similar thing last year.
Decided against playing a ruckman v Grundy though.

The arrogance in this post is unreal. It basically I know better than our coach who is equipped with infinitely more information and if he doesn't do what I think he should do then he is failing!

1000% Spot on - leaving him out is a monumental mistake - given how good a mark Moore is

The focus this week from all and sundry re the AFL - its not so much on the Geel club - it is all on Chris Scott and his shiithouse finals record

Watching last week when we were playing well it was obvious that Stanley drifted forward a lot (Blitz into ruck after centre bounces). I expect that to continue and hopefully that means we engage Moore. Whether this is a good ploy and leaves Blitz open to being dominated around the grounds is up for debate but I think Stanley will be forward a fair bit.

Hilarious that people are still going on about Sav being the 'saviour', when he was part of the side that lost by 22 points to the Pies earlier this year - and offered nothing in that game. Kicked no goals and had about 5 possessions, lol. They rebounded it out of our forward half without any pressure, and we had that structure that a lot of you are crying out for. It's already been proven that it doesn't work against a side like Collingwood, yet all you sideline 'experts' think you know better - despite there being very recent empirical evidence to the contrary, lol.

With that aside, looking at our changes from that game to this game (Sel was injured in the first quarter so you can add him too), it's:

OUT: Sav, Fort, Clark
IN: Stanley, Duncan, Stewart

That's a fair difference in quality, gotta say

Last edited:

The arrogance in this post is unreal. It basically I know better than our coach who is equipped with infinitely more information and if he doesn't do what I think he should do then he is failing!
I get it, we should not criticize the coach because he knows best.

1 premiership as a coach, 70% all time win loss record, 10 years as coach including 9 finals placements and 6 top four placements. You don’t achieve that unless you have a relentless effort towards excellence and improvement and are also a very good Coach period. Only very simple minded supporters can’t work that out.
Since the Thompson/Scott premiership in 2011, 16 finals, 4 wins. Add that to the equation.

After watching the Saints Tugger game last night, we can dramatically improve our chances before we even get out there

Footwear - wear the right bloody length stops.

Keeping your feet in the slightly dewy conditions will be crucial. Especially playing a high skill possession game that im sure we will repeat.
Sure footedness will add to skill execution.

Please get this right

GO Catters

Game day...

GAJ and HT for one more time at least lets hope

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back