Preview 1st Semi-final: Geelong vs Collingwood, Sat 10 Oct GABBA @ 7.40pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah I know reading can be hard for some people.
Lol you expect me to search 56 pages for your post instead of just telling me? God some people on this board are truly insufferable

17 is a smaller sample size than 22, so yeah. But could you say we were better H&A team than Port, Bris and Rich? I can’t.

We were definitely better than Collingwood though. So if we lose to them now it is an abject failure.
The reasons we looked better than Pies need to be looked at though. And in fact, they did beat us, then went and lost a significant number of key quality players, who are now back in, except for SS and Howe.
All year we have been saying we can't write them off once they got their stars back. AND HERE WE ARE?

The reasons we looked better than Pies need to be looked at though. And in fact, they did beat us, then went and lost a significant number of key quality players, who are now back in, except for SS and Howe.
All year we have been saying we can't write them off once they got their stars back. AND HERE WE ARE?
If you start to apply the logic of “they beat us” in H&A it’s only fair to point out we flogged Brisbane and Port. Truth is, none of that matters when you get to finals.

You’re letting your emotion dominate Seeds. View attachment 981386

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly. Not sure what you’re hearing but apparently a mess is what I’ve heard.
Nothing other that what occurred with the trainer and the Hawkins part being crap.

I was advocating for Sav all week, I think he can stretch Collingwood's defence and take the focus of Moore and Roughead double teaming Hawkins.

I know Scott clearly stated there would be no late changes, but it was the last part after a pause that made me sit up so you might be right.

Nothing other that what occurred with the trainer and the Hawkins part being crap.

I was advocating for Sav all week, I think he can stretch Collingwood's defence and take the focus of Moore and Roughead double teaming Hawkins.

I know Scott clearly stated there would be no late changes, but it was the last part after a pause that made me sit up so you might be right.

I think Sav should play too. Not at the expense of a sound Rohan, but instead of a tall defender.

I will remind you of this quote by Chris Scott after losing the final last year to Richmond crazy . . .

"I think we'll be a better team next year than we are this year"

you quote a coach saying he wants the team to improve like it’s a bad thing. Or anyone saying a positive thing about geelong is reason to troll and attack them. It’s like someone saying they like Donald trump in a Democratic city.

you quote a coach saying he wants the team to improve like it’s a bad thing. Or anyone saying a positive thing about geelong is reason to troll and attack them. It’s like someone saying they like Donald trump in a Democratic city.

He has put pressure on himself by saying it in the first place.
He also said it a day before we played Collingwood in the QF as though he was insinuating that if we fail in the finals (again), we will be back bigger and better in 2020.

He has put pressure on himself by saying it in the first place.
He also said it a day before we played Collingwood in the QF as though he was insinuating that if we fail in the finals (again), we will be back bigger and better in 2020.

his fine. I wouldn’t expect anything less from him in terms of his commitment to improvement. This may come as a shock to you but there are other elements involved in the teams success besides the coach. I don’t think you quite grasp that from reading a lot of your very simplistic black and white style posts that are almost ultimatum type scenarios of if x or y doesn’t happen so and so is successful or a failure.

his fine. I wouldn’t expect anything less from him in terms of his commitment to improvement. This may come as a shock to you but there are other elements involved in the teams success besides the coach. I don’t think you quite grasp that from reading a lot of your very simplistic black and white style posts that are almost ultimatum type scenarios of if x or y doesn’t happen so and so is successful or a failure.

If he's committed to improvement as you say, he would't want to go out in straight sets then.
He has an opportunity to ensure it does not go that way by actually picking the correct team to topple Collingwood. Had a similar opportunity to a similar thing last year.
Decided against playing a ruckman v Grundy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back